If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
There’s one important factor that separates smart home devices from other popular consumer technology markets. With smartphones, laptops, and other similar products, huge innovations only come around once every few years, at best. Meanwhile, there are innovative new smart home gadgets that pop up all the time. Sure, popular gadgets like smart locks, Philips Hue smart LED light bulbs, and robot vacuums are likely the first things you think of when the topic of smart home devices comes up. But everyone knows that’s just the tip of the iceberg and cool new gadgets hit the market all the time.
When it comes to BGR Deals readers, there are a few smart home gadgets that are always best-sellers. Examples include TP-Link Kasa smart plugs that are on sale right now for an all-time low price of just $6.25 each, the new $33 Wyze Cam v3 with color night vision that’s on sale for $29.98, and Alexa smart speakers like the Echo Dot that’s on sale right now with a discount. Now, however, we’re going to introduce you to five new smart home devices that you’ll wonder how you ever lived without.
Smart garage doors
The awesome MyQ smart garage door opener turns any garage door into a smart garage door for just $40. It installs in under 15 minutes and ties into the MyQ app, which is a breeze to use. You’ll never have to wonder again if you forgot to close your garage door while you were rushing out to work or school in the morning!
Chamberlain’s MyQ is actually on sale right now for the new lower price of $29.98, which is an incredible value. What’s more, you can use the awesome Amazon Key promotion if Key is available in your area, and you’ll get a $40 Amazon credit!
Here are key takeaways:
- Control nearly any mechanical garage door opener from your iPhone or Android phone
- Receive optional notifications anytime your garage door is opened
- Available smart home integration
- Available voice control thanks to Alexa support — open your garage door with a simple voice command
- Limited-time promotion gets you a $40 credit when you buy MyQ and use Amazon’s Key service for in-garage delivery. Check amazon.com/keypromo for the promo code and to determine eligibility.
The odds are very good that you’ve never heard of the SwitchBot Curtain. Now that you have, however, you’re almost definitely going to want it.
Smart curtains are awesome but they’re also very expensive, which is why SwitchBot came up with this brilliant little gadget. Just pop it onto any curtain rod and in just one or two seconds, your regular old curtain can now be controlled using your smartphone. What’s more, you can add scheduling features that automatically open and close your curtains at certain times each day.
And if you really want the full smart curtain experience, add in the $39 SwitchBot Hub Mini so you can tie in your SwitchBot Curtain devices with your smart home system, or control them with voice assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant!
Here’s the main info:
- Open and close your curtains on a schedule, from your smartphone, or with voice commands!
- SwitchBot Curtain installs in just 30 seconds without any tools — no hammering, no screws, and no wires to run
- Different versions available for different types of curtain rods
- Compatible with curtains that use rings, tabs, and back tabs but not grommets
- Available SwitchBot Hub Mini lets you integrate SwitchBot Curtain with your smart home system
Everything else in your home has smart features and internet connectivity, so why not your cooking gadgets?
The Proscenic T21 Smart Air Fryer is a top-rated air fryer with thousands of 5-star ratings on Amazon. This model has a nice big 8-quart capacity and all the regular features you might want in an air fryer, but it also connects to an app on your smartphone where you’ll find recipes and controls. You can even use Alexa to cook your dinner!
Check out the main takeaways here:
- Large 5.5-quart capacity and advanced heating system to ensure even air frying
- Connects to your smartphone so you can control your air fryer with the Potensic Home app — start and stop cooking, set the temperature, schedule cooking, and monitoring
- Save your own custom recipes in the app or access dozens of online recipes
- Rapid hot air technology heats up fast and cooks quickly
- Touch panel includes all necessary controls and 8 preset cooking modes
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant for voice control
I’m not sure why this past winter was worse than other winters in my area, but the humidity in my home was ridiculously low all winter long. It was wreaking havoc on my allergies, my lips were always chapped, and so on.
The Levoit Cool Mist Humidifier is a great 6-liter humidifier with all the features you might expect. On top of that, it has smart features that you might not expect like the ability to control it with a smartphone or even Alexa! After this past winter, I’m definitely getting a few humidifiers for my home.
Here’s the important info:
- Large 6-liter capacity holds enough water to run for up to 60 hours straight
- Good for rooms up to 505 sq. ft.
- Easy to refill and clean
- Runs quietly to help ensure restful sleep when used in a bedroom
- Built-in sensor automatically measures humidity in the room and adjusts the humidifier’s mist output based on the target humidity you set
- Connects to the VeSync app on your smartphone or you can control it with Alexa voice commands
There’s one thing that every single smart home device has in common: it needs internet connectivity to function. If you have areas of your home with spotty Wi-Fi, that means your smart home devices aren’t going to work as well — if they even work at all. The TP-Link RE105 Wi-Fi range extender is the updated version of TP-Link’s best-selling model ever and has several key performance upgrades. It also operates specifically on the 2.4GHz frequency, which is what all smart home devices use. For $19.99, you really can’t go wrong!
This is the key info you should know:
- Two external antennas boost Wi-Fi coverage and MIMO technology extends range much further than comparable standard Wi-Fi extenders
- Compatible with any Wi-Fi router you already have
- Extend your existing wireless network or use AP mode to create a new Wi-Fi access point
- Built-in Ethernet port lets you connect a computer, video game console, or smart TV device using a standard Ethernet cable
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.