Well what do you know? After holding off on iOS 8.2’s release a touch longer than initially expected, Apple has pushed iOS 8.2 out to the public. As we noted in an exclusive report last week, iOS 8.2 brings plenty of enhancements, stability improvements, bug fixes and more to Apple’s mobile devices. It also includes a number of improvements to the Health app, Apple Watch compatibility and some more behind-the-scenes changes.
iOS 8.2 is available to anyone and everyone as an over the air (OTA) update that can be installed by opening your Settings app and navigating to General > Software Update. If you would rather connect to your computer to install it, or if you don’t have enough free storage space for the update, you can download it through iTunes as well.
As for compatibility, iOS 8.2 will work with the iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, fifth-generation iPod touch, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, fourth-gen iPad, iPad mini, third-gen iPad, and iPad 2.
Last but not least, here’s the full change log that was given to Apple’s carrier partners, and you’ll only find it here on BGR:
Health App improvements
- Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for body temperature, weight, height, distance, and blood glucose
- Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
- Includes the ability to add and visualise workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
- Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
- Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
- Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changes data source order
- Fixes an issue where some graphics showed no data values
- Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance, and flights climbed
- Increases stability of Mail
- Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
- Improves stability of Music
- Improves VoiceOver reliability
- Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids
- Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
- Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
- Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
- Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
- Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on the device
- Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
- Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
- Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
- Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom reoccurring meeting to drop from Exchange calendar
- Fixes an certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
- Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
- Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as “busy” after accepting an invite.