How do you log in to Instagram through Facebook?
When Facebook bought Instagram back in 2012, many people expected that a ton of Facebook features would be coming to Instagram. What they might not have foreseen is being able to log in to Instagram through Facebook.
Linking your Instagram account to your Facebook offers a ton of benefits. With just a single tap, you get to share content between both apps and enjoy the best of both worlds. Having linked accounts also saves you the stress of shuffling between apps.
Read on to learn how to connect and log in to your Instagram account through Facebook.
How can I link Instagram to Facebook?
To start with, you should have an account with both social media apps before you even think of linking them. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your Instagram mobile app, and tap the triple lines at the top right corner of your Instagram profile page.
- Next, tap Settings on the pop-up screen.
- Tap “Accounts Center” at the bottom of the screen and select “Set up Accounts Center.”
You will be automatically redirected to the Facebook website. You can then log in to your Facebook account.
- Tap the “Yes, finish setup” option. You can then proceed to sync your profile picture.
- Click the “Start Sharing to Facebook” pop-up, and you’re good to go.
- Next, return to your Accounts center on Instagram and tap “Manage connected experiences.”
Turn on the “Sharing across profiles” and “Logging in with accounts” options.
When you’ve completed the process, you’ll see an option to post on Facebook, and you’ll be able to log in to Instagram through Facebook and vice versa.
Pro tip: These steps will work for connecting multiple Instagram accounts to a single Facebook profile.
How to log in to the Instagram app through Facebook
You can log in to your Instagram app with your Facebook details.
For a user with an existing Instagram account, open the Instagram app on your Android or iOS device, and tap the “Login with Facebook” option.
If you are logged in to your Facebook account, you’ll automatically get logged in to Instagram. However, if you have not logged in, enter your Facebook login.
For Facebook users without an existing Instagram account, select the “Login with Facebook” option.
With the information on your Facebook page, Instagram will create an account for you. This new Instagram account will automatically link to your Facebook page.
- Tap on the profile icon and tap “Edit profile.” Fill in your desired username and other necessary information you want to have on your new Instagram account.
- Tap the tick icon at the top right to save your information. This will take you back to your profile page.
- Tap the menu (triple-stacked lines) icon at the top right and select the “Settings” option.
- Proceed to “Account” and tap “Personal information.” You must verify the information from your Facebook profile and save it.
- Next, return to the Settings menu and tap the “Security” option.
Tap the “Password” option to change it.
- A pop-up notification will come up.
Pro tip: You can change your Facebook and Instagram profile photos to differentiate both.
At this point, you can still choose to access your Instagram account from your Facebook app if you don’t feel like using Instagram directly. You can also connect multiple Instagram accounts to your Facebook.
How can I unlink my Instagram account?
When your Instagram and Facebook accounts are linked, a single post on either uploads to the other. So when you post on Instagram, it would also appear on Facebook and vice versa. You get to log in to Instagram through Facebook and also log in to Facebook through Instagram.
But what happens when you grow bored of having linked accounts? How do you sever the link?
- On your Facebook account, tap the menu (triple-stacked) icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Next, select the settings icon.
- Tap the “Account center” at the bottom of the page and tap “Accounts & profiles.”
- Select “Facebook, Instagram” group, then select your Instagram profile.
- Tap the “Remove from Accounts Center” option.
- Tap “Continue” to finalize the separation process.
Your Instagram account should no longer be linked to your Facebook if you followed these steps.
Note that you might need to delete your Instagram posts from your Facebook account if you don’t like them anymore.
Can I link multiple accounts to my Facebook page?
Yes, you can!
You can associate different brands with a Parent-brand or Facebook profile.
If my Facebook/Instagram gets hacked, will it compromise the connected account?
No, it won’t.
Although both accounts are connected, they have different logins. That said, you should use different passwords for your Facebook and Instagram accounts.