If you’re a TikToker or a Philomath, and you’d like to know who viewed your TikTok, you’re in the right place.
One of TikTok’s most exciting features is that it lets its users enable a Profile Views function. This lets you know if people are starting to notice or have viewed your TikTok profile.
Read: Our article on the best time to post on TikTok.
How to Enable TikTok’s Profile Views Function
By default, you won’t be able to know which TikTok user has viewed your TikTok profile. You’ll have to follow the below steps to enable profile view history. This will let you know who viewed your TikTok.
Heads up, this function is only available to people who are 16 years and above and have less than 5,000 followers.
- Open the TikTok app on your mobile device.
- Tap the profile icon at the bottom right corner.
- Then, tap the three horizontal lines/menu icon at the top right corner of the profile page.
- Select “Settings & Privacy.”
- In the options provided on the settings page, choose “Privacy.”
- Scroll down and tap “Profile Views.”
- Finally, toggle on the switch to enable the “Profile Views” feature.
Note: Enabling this feature allows other people to see when you view their profile. It’s best to turn it off if you want to view other people’s statuses anonymously.
How to See Who Viewed Your TikTok Profile
This is the next step after enabling the Profile Views feature.
To know who has viewed your TikTok profile:
- Tap on the profile icon at the bottom right once you’ve opened TikTok.
- Select the eye icon at the upper right corner of your profile page.
- After selecting the eye icon, a list of people who have visited your profile in the past 30 days will appear.
Note: While you can see people who have viewed your TikTok profile, you can only see those who have also enabled the Profile Views feature. This means that you won’t be able to know someone who viewed your TikTok profile if the person hasn’t turned on this feature.
How to Manage Who Views Your TikTok
If you’re not comfortable with a particular user that viewed your TikTok, there are ways to handle this.
Here are two ways to manage who views your TikTok profile.
Make Your TikTok Account/Profile Private
While this isn’t advisable for those who want to explore fame on TikTok or be TikTok famous, it’s perfect for a regular user.
By making your account/profile private, only those you approve their follow request can view your content.
- Open TikTok and tap the profile icon in the lower right-hand of the app.
- Tap the three horizontal dots at the top right of the profile page.
- Select “Settings and Privacy,” then tap “Privacy.”
- Toggle the “Private account” switch on in the Privacy section.
That’s it! Your account is now private.
Block Specific TikTok Users from Viewing Your TikTok Profile
If you still want to retain your profile’s publicity, you can choose to block only specific users you are not comfortable with. To block specific users:
- Go to the TikTok profile of the person you want to block.
- Tap the three-dot at the top of their profile.
- Select “Block” in the menu that appears below.
Great! You’ve succeeded in blocking the user. Still, blocked users can view your account using another profile.
Viewing Another User’s TikTok Profile Anonymously
If for one reason or the other, you want to view others’ TikTok profiles without them knowing, you can! Rather than using the app to search for their TikTok profile while logged into your account and alerting them, do this:
- Tap the profile button after opening TikTok. Then, tap the three horizontal lines at the top right corner.
- Choose “Settings and Privacy,” and scroll down to select “Logout.”
- Confirm that you want to sign out of your account and remember your password so you can log in.
- After logging out, go to TikTok’s homepage and select the magnifying glass icon above.
- Then, search the “username” of the account you want to view and press “Enter.”
Note: You can’t use the web browser version of TikTok to search for another user, so you have to use the Android or iOS app. Also, if you can’t find the user’s profile, they’ve likely set their account to private.
How To See Who Viewed Your TikTok Videos
Unfortunately, TikTok does not have a Video Viewer feature. While you can easily see the number of views on your TikTok videos, you can’t see who they are.
Third-party app(s) might claim to offer that ability. But you can only see the number of TikTok views or find out who liked your videos via the notification menu.
If you want to see the number of views on your TikTok video:
- Open TikTok app on your device.
- Tap the profile button at the bottom right to go to your account.
- Check the number below each video to see how many people have viewed your videos.
How To See Who Liked Your TikTok Videos
While you can see who viewed your TikTok, you can see who liked your TikTok videos.
- Select the inbox tab on your TikTok home screen.
- Then, choose the drop-down menu that appears at the top.
- Turn on the notifications to see who has liked your videos.
Can People See if I View Their TikTok Profiles Without an Existing Account?
No. While TikTok allows guests to watch videos without an account, an active account is needed to follow creators, like, or comment on their videos.
This also means that the Profile view history will only show active accounts that have viewed your profile.
How Do I View Private TikTok Accounts?
Private accounts make it impossible for users to view the owner’s profile. The only way around this is by sending the profile owner a request to follow them.
You’ll only see their Tiktok profile when they accept your request.
When I enable Profile Views, will people who visited my TikTok profile before I enabled the feature show up?
Yes. The list of people who have visited or viewed your TikTok profile even before enabling the feature shows for the past 30 days.
What Does TikTok’s Analytics Feature Do?
This feature lets you know how many views and impressions your TikTok videos have accumulated so far. However, it does not show who viewed your TikTok profile or content.
Does TikTok Tell You Who Saved Your Video?
No, it doesn’t. You can’t tell when someone saves or screenshots/records your content. However, if you pay close attention to that video, a watermark of your username will be below it.
Why Don’t I Get Views on TikTok?
While we might not be able to pinpoint the exact reason you aren’t getting any views, it could be due to one of these reasons: You are a new user, post censored content, have more than one account, or your videos infringe copyright.
What is a TikTok Profile Viewer?
A TikTok profile viewer is a creator tool that allows you to easily browse popular content on TikTok without the account user’s knowledge.
You will be able to anonymously see the most popular TikTok videos, users, hashtags, and metrics with these free tools.
Why Can’t I find the “Recent Profile Views” Option?
It may be due to a technical issue if you can’t find the “Recent Profile Views” option.
Not to worry, you can do a few things to rectify this issue.
You can uninstall and reinstall the TikTok app, clear the TikTok cache from your phone’s settings, set your profile to public, or enable the “Allow others to find me” option from Privacy & Safety.
Does TikTok Notify When You View Someone’s Profile?
No, it doesn’t. Other users will not be notified by TikTok when you view someone else’s TikTok profile.
Is Using a TikTok Viewer Illegal?
Yes, it is. TikTok viewers go against TikTok’s Term of Service. Although some of these third-party apps are presented as useful tools by several websites on the internet, the TikTok website does not accept the basic functions of these tools.