Microsoft announced on Monday during its annual Worldwide Partner Conference that its next-generation Windows 8 operating system will launch this October. The company confirmed that the Release to Manufacturing (RTM) version of its operating system is on track to be released to partners in August, and the final consumer version will be released in late October along with the first run of next-generation devices powered by the new operating system. Microsoft also said that users who purchase Windows 7 PCs today will be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro following its release for just $14.99.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- Mac & cheese recall affects nearly 200,000 boxes, so check your home now
- These 2 popular frozen foods are being pulled from grocery store shelves
- 9 amazing iPhone tricks that most people don’t know about
- 5 must-have Amazon finds you’ve probably never even heard of
- Every iPhone and Android user needs to do this once a week