Friday isn’t just iPhone 5 preorder day — it’s also the first day that Amazon’s (AMZN) brand new Kindle Fire HD tablet goes on sale. The 8.9-inch version of the sleek new slate won’t be available until next month, but the 7-inch model can now be purchased on Amazon’s website for just $199. The new Kindle Fire HD features a 1,280 x 800-pixel high-definition display, Dolby audio, a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, a front-facing HD webcam and access to Amazon’s Prime library of streaming movies and TV shows. The non-HD model of Amazon’s Kindle Fire is also available starting Friday for just $159.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- An unexpected fourth stimulus check for $600 is coming if you have one of these jobs
- CDC salmonella outbreak update: It’s gotten worse, but possible culprit found
- iPhone 14 will look like nothing we’ve ever seen from Apple
- Read this now if iOS 15 ruined your iPhone’s battery life
- This $36 small bathroom storage cabinet has thousands of Amazon shoppers obsessed