In a recent feature, BGR questioned just how much HTC really gained from its $300 million investment in Beats Electronics. Apparently HTC (2498) has been asking itself that very same question, as the company on Saturday announced that it has sold half of its stake back to Beats about a year after its initial investment. HTC will continue to hold approximately 25% of Beats and it retains exclusive commercial rights to use Beats Audio technology in mobile devices. Luckily for owners of other devices, there’s a $70 accessory that will bring the same great sound to just about any phone.
Zach Epstein has worked in and around ICT for more than 15 years, first in marketing and business development with two private telcos, then as a writer and editor covering business news, consumer electronics and telecommunications. Zach’s work has been quoted by countless top news publications in the US and around the world. He was also recently named one of the world's top-10 “power mobile influencers” by Forbes, as well as one of Inc. Magazine's top-30 Internet of Things experts.
- This twisted psychological horror movie is #1 on Netflix today
- ‘Let’s go Brandon’ – #1 hip-hop song on iTunes inspired by Joe Biden meme
- Superman no longer fights for ‘The American Way’
- Watch these Marvel videos before you see ‘Eternals’ in theaters
- Nintendo just announced the price of its Switch Online expansion pack, and no one is happy