Android 6.0 Marshmallow is going to start rolling out this week and you might be wondering whether your phone is going to eventually get the new software at some point. Via LifeHacker, here are all the Android phones that have been confirmed to get Marshmallow so far, along with some phones that haven’t yet been confirmed by are almost guaranteed to get the newest software.
DON’T MISS: Crazy video: Livestreamer in Japan accidentally burns down his house
- Google: Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013 edition), Nexus 9 and Nexus Player. Sorry, Nexus 4 owners: You’re getting left behind now.
- HTC: The One M9 and One M8 are slated to get Marshmallow by the end of the year while the One M7 is getting left behind. The other HTC phones that will get Marshmallow: One M9+, One E9, One E9+, One ME, One E8, One M8 EYE, Butterfly 3, Desire 826, Desire 820, Desire 816.
- Motorola: Obviously this year’s Moto X Pure Edition, Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G will be getting Marshmallow. Other Moto devices to get it are the 2014 Moto X and the 2014 Moto G, the DROID Turbo, the Moto MAXX and the Moto Turbo.
Unconfirmed phones that will almost certainly get Marshmallow:
- Samsung: It’s all but guaranteed that the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 edge+ will get Marshmallow. It wouldn’t be surprising if 2014’s Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 got the upgrade as well.
- LG: The G4 is a solid bet to get the new software, as is the G3. That said, we won’t know for sure until LG makes an official announcement.
Just because these devices have been confirmed to get Android doesn’t mean they’ll be upgraded in a timely fashion, of course. Indeed, it will likely take months to get upgrades out to several of these phones, particularly if they’re carrier exclusives that have lots of OEM and carrier software to upgrade.