The best things in life are free and they apparently don’t include an Amazon smartphone. In a followup to a report from last week, Jessica Lessin and Amir Efrati talked with an Amazon spokesperson who flatly denied that the company had plans to release a free “Kindle Phone” and said that the company will not be releasing any kind of smartphone by the end of the year. Rumors of an Amazon phone have been around for a long time now but the company has never shown any definitive indication that it plans to expand its consumer electronics business beyond its Kindle eReaders and tablets.
- Marvel’s new Black Panther actor might have been revealed
- Amazon’s giving away $15 credits, but this is your last chance to get one
- All these Netflix movies and shows are leaving in August, so it’s your last chance to stream them
- Netflix’s new Jean-Claude Van Damme movie finally starts streaming today
- Amazon coupon slashes our favorite self-emptying robot vacuum to its lowest price ever