Disney finally announced on Thursday that Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be available to purchase on Blu-ray and DVD on April 5th and digitally on April 1st.
If you want to preorder a physical copy of the movie right away, you have a few options. First, Disney is offering a Blu-ray combo pack from its digital store for $24.95 that comes bundled with a DVD copy of the movie as well as an exclusive lithograph set and $10 off a future online purchase of at least $40 from the Disney Store.
Here’s what the lithographs look like, in case you’re curious:
Target is also offering its own exclusive package for $24.99, which comes with Blu-ray, DVD and digital versions of the film, unique collectible packaging and “20 minutes of exclusive bonus content, including a never-before-seen interview with Daisy Ridley and John Boyega, and a deeper look at the movie’s weaponry.”
Walmart and Best Buy will have exclusive packages as well, which you can read about on StarWars.com. Standard Blu-ray and DVD releases will hit store shelves on April 5th as well. Here’s a list of all the bonus features you’ll find on the disc:
- Secrets of The Force Awakens: A Cinematic Journey – For the first time, discover the complete story behind the making of The Force Awakens, revealed through in-depth footage and exclusive interviews with the actors and filmmakers in this feature documentary
- The Story Awakens: The Table Read – Cast members familiar and new reflect on the memorable day they all first came together to read the movie’s script
- Building BB-8 – See how the filmmakers brought the newest droid to the screen, creating an instant fan favorite in the Star Wars universe
- Crafting Creatures – Watch movie magic as the filmmakers bring a cast of new creatures to life
- Blueprint of a Battle: The Snow Fight – Go deeper into the epic, climactic lightsaber battle between Rey and Kylo Ren
- John Williams: The Seventh Symphony – The legendary composer shares personal insights of his work on Star Wars and The Force Awakens
- ILM: The Visual Magic of The Force – An insider’s look into the remarkable digital artistry of the movie’s visual effects.
- Force For Change – Heroes come in all shapes and sizes. See how the Star Wars: Force for Change initiative has united Star Wars fans all over the globe to help others
- Plus Deleted Scenes
Finally, here’s the trailer for the home release of The Force Awakens: