Disneywas forced to delay Marvel’s Black Widow indefinitely when it became clear the coronavirus pandemic would keep movie theaters shut through at least May 1st.
- Days after delaying Black Widow,
Disneyannounced new release dates for all of the Phase 4 MCU movies, with Black Widow coming first on November 6th.
- The Eternals, Doctor Strange 2, Thor 4, and more all received new release dates as well.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
One of the unforeseen consequences of a global pandemic the likes of the novel coronavirus is that movie studios are forced to reschedule all of their releases on account of the fact that theaters all around the world are closed. Even the seemingly unstoppable force that is
Black Widow’s delay was perhaps the most notable, as it was going to serve as a bridge of sorts into Phase 4 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But with the production of every show and movie being put on hold, it seemed inevitable that the entire MCU schedule would shift alongside Black Widow. On Friday,
According to Deadline, Black Widow is moving from its original May 1st release date to take the November 6th slot, which was previously held by The Eternals. The chain reaction continues like so:
- The Eternals will take Shang-Chi’s February 12th, 2021 release date
- Shang-Chi will take Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’s May 7th, 2021 date
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will take November 5th from Thor: Love and Thunder
- Thor: Love and Thunder will move to February 18th, 2022 in place of a currently untitled Marvel movie
- Black Panther 2 hasn’t moved from May 8th, 2022, and Captain Marvel 2 hits theaters on July 8th, 2022
In effect, the entire MCU has been delayed six months, give or take. Although there have been “nonsensical fanboy rumors” (as Deadline calls them) that some of these feature films would be released on Disney+ or digital storefronts in order to stay on schedule,
That said, if November rolls around and the prospect of walking into a movie theater is still off the table, will