If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
I have Apple CarPlay in my car and to be perfectly frank, it makes every built-in car infotainment system I’ve ever tried seemed ancient. Even the newer ones like systems from Mercedes and Tesla. Seriously, there are so many automakers out there that should be beyond embarrassed at this point.
Having all of your iPhone’s main apps accessible right on your car’s display is fantastic. CarPlay provides a simple interface and quick access to all the core functionality you might need. On top of that, it supports third-party apps that are must-haves in your car. I cannot tell you how excited I was when Waze came to CarPlay and now I seriously can’t drive anywhere without it. CarPlay even supports a widget view so you can have an animated map in one big widget while things like your music player and phone controls are off to the side.
The only real problem I have with CarPlay in my car is the simple fact that my vehicle doesn’t support Apple’s newer wireless CarPlay feature, so I have to plug it in with a physical cable in order to use it. At least, that was the case until I found the Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter on Amazon.Today's Top Deal How is this Windows 10 laptop & 128GB microSD bundle only $219.99?! List Price:$249.99 Price:$219.99 You Save:$30.00 (12%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission Available from Amazon BGR may receive a commission
As the name suggests quite clearly, this is the device you’ve been waiting for if you’re like me and you have a vehicle that doesn’t support wireless CarPlay connections. The Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter connects to your vehicle through a standard USB-A or USB-C port and acts as a wireless conduit between your car and your iPhone. This way, you can connect to the adapter wirelessly via Bluetooth instead of having to plug your iPhone into your car every time you get in.
This is the gadget we’ve been waiting for!
Read through the reviews on Amazon and you’ll see that this wireless adapter works very well for most people. A few people do seem to run into problems, but there are fixes out there for most issues. So many people are quick to complain when all they had to do was actually read the instructions and perform a quick and easy software update. The bottom line is that the Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter works very well for most people. And now is the perfect time to give it a shot because both versions are on sale with discounts up to $46!2021 Wireless CarPlay Adapter CarlinKit 2.0 for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars Model Year: 2017 to… List Price:$149.99 Price:$129.99 You Save:$20.00 (13%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter USB for Factory Wired CarPlay Cars (Model Year: 2019 to… List Price:$129.00 Price:$124.00 You Save:$5.00 (4%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Here are the key takeaways:
- The Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter converts any car with wired CarPlay so that it supports wireless CarPlay
- Works with Audi, Porsche, Volvo, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Honda, Peugeot, Chevrolet, Ford SYNC 3.4, Mazda, and more
- Your car must have a factory wired CarPlay system in order to work with this wireless CarPlay adapter
- No more plugging your phone into your car with a Lightning USB cable
- Play music, listen to podcasts, navigate with your favorite mapping app, and more — all through CarPlay with now cable needed
- Compatible with every iPhone model from iPhone 5 and newer as long as it’s running iOS 7.1 or later
- Initial connection from your iPhone to the Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter takes between 7 and 14 seconds depending on your car and iPhone model
- Comes with a one-year warranty in addition to lifetime technical support
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.