If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Anyone who is an Amazon fan must remember the company’s Dash Buttons. You do remember them, right? They were such a cool concept. Just mount a button anywhere in your house near something you use often. Then a quick tap would reorder specific products from Amazon with no other effort needed at all. So, for example, you could put a Tide button next to your washing machine for laundry detergent. You could also stick a Folger’s button next to your coffee maker. Then, any time you started to run low on any of those products, one quick tap of the button would send new supplies heading your way. Dash Buttons were so handy!
Unfortunately, Amazon’s concept for Dash Buttons was apparently ahead of its time. It apparently didn’t get enough traction because the company decided to discontinue Dash Buttons last year. Now, however, a new Dash device quietly became available on Amazon’s site late last year. And it’s even more impressive than Dash buttons ever were. It’s called the Dash Smart Shelf and it’s definitely my favorite new smart gadget by far.Today's Top Deal Echo Buds have noise cancellation just like AirPods Pro — but they're on sale for $100 less! List Price:$119.99 Price:$89.99 You Save:$30.00 (25%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission Available from Amazon BGR may receive a commission
The new Dash Smart Shelf is similar in concept to Amazon’s old Dash buttons, but it takes things to a whole new level because everything is now fully automated. Pushing a button might not seem all that labor-intensive, of course. But wouldn’t it be even cooler if you didn’t have to push a button or lift a finger at all?
That’s what the Dash Smart Shelf is. It has a built-in scale that constantly monitors the weight of whatever product you put on top. Then, when the scale detects that your remaining supply falls below a certain threshold, the Dash Shelf automatically reorders whichever product you’re storing on top of it!
If you’re wondering what type of products you can put on the Dash shelf, look no further because we’ve got answers for you. You can keep paper cups, Pop-Tarts, dog food, office supplies, plus hundreds of other things on top of the Dash Shelf. Then, this brilliant device takes all the thought and effort out of reorders. You can check out Amazon’s ever-growing list of compatible products right here.
There’s also one more thing you’re going to love about this nifty new Amazon gadget. Amazon’s Dash Shelf comes in three different sizes to suit so many different types of products… yet each size costs the same low price of just $19.99!Dash Smart Shelf | Auto-replenishment scale for home and business | Medium Price:$19.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Here are the key takeaways to keep in mind:
- The Amazon Dash Smart Shelf takes Amazon’s “Dash” automatic replenishment service to the next level
- A scale built into each shelf senses the weight of the everyday items you place on top
- Then, when your supply is running low, the Dash Smart Shelf can notify you or even just automatically reorder your supplies for you
- You don’t have to lift a finger!
- The Dash Smart Shelf makes it so easy to ensure that all of your most important essentials are fully stocked
- It works with pantry staples, office supplies, pet food and other pet products, and so much more
- You can customize all of your preferences right from inside the Amazon Shipping app
- Save up to 25% on your first reorder from select partners and use Subscribe & Save to get even more discounts!
- Dash Smart Shelf comes in Small (7″ x 7″), Medium (12″ x 10″), and Large (18″ x 13″)
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.