If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
So many people out there are in search of a good Apple CarPlay screen for their car. If you already have CarPlay in your car or truck, you obviously know why it’s so desirable. To be frank, the infotainment systems in most cars are terrible. Sure, they’ve been getting better lately. But not everyone is in the market for a new car. On top of that, why bother with a proprietary infotainment system when you can just access all the great apps on your iPhone? The same is true of Android Auto, of course.
If you don’t already have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto in your car, we have something you need to see. It’s called the Car and Driver INTELLIDASH+. It adds CarPlay or Android Auto to any car in seconds, with no installation required!Car and Driver INTELLIDASH with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, 7'' IPS Touchscreen Multimedia… Price:$349.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Apple CarPlay screen for any car
The Car and Driver INTELLIDASH+ is an ideal solution for anyone who doesn’t want a complicated installation. Installing a built-in unit with CarPlay is nice, but not everyone wants to deal with the hassle. Plus, it’s not even possible in many cars these days. Streamlined interior designs mean traditional aftermarket single DIN and double DIN car stereos don’t work in many models.
Car and Driver’s awesome solution is here to save the day. In a matter of seconds, you have an Apple CarPlay screen for any car. All of the main features you would enjoy with built-in CarPlay are supported. As a matter of fact, you’ll get extra features that aren’t even in normal CarPlay-equipped cars.
Examples include integrated SiriusXM support, YouTube, special Waze support, and more. Plus, the same can be said if you use Android Auto instead. Unlike similar solutions, this model does include support for Android Auto, not just Apple CarPlay.
INTELLIDASH+ quick review
We’ve been testing the Car and Driver INTELLIDASH+ and it works quite well. It’s not exactly the same as having built-in CarPlay support in your vehicle, but this is as close as it gets. It’s also cool to be able to swap the unit from one car to another with ease.
Plus, there’s another version called the INTELLIDASH Pro that supports wireless CarPlay. Most people probably plug their phones into power anyway. But it’s nice to have the option to go wireless if you want to.Car and Driver INTELLIDASH with Apple Carplay and Android Auto, 7'' IPS Touchscreen Multimedia… Price:$349.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission Car and Driver INTELLIDASH PRO Wireless Apple Carplay ONLY 7'' IPS Touchscreen with Bluetooth,… Price:$399.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Car and Driver INTELLIDASH+ fast facts
If you’re looking for an Apple CarPlay screen for cars without one, you’ve come to the right place. It also works with Android Auto and SiriusXM!
Here are the key takeaways:
- Car and Driver’s INTELLIDASH+ is a smart display for any car
- Set it up in your new car or old car in just a few seconds — no installation required!
- INTELLIDASH+ comes with a suction mount that can be secured to your windshield or a flat part of your dashboard
- It’s not a permanent installation, so you can move it between cars with ease
- There’s also a shock-absorbing gel strip that you can put under the unit to prevent rattling
- Add Apple CarPlay or Android Auto to any car with almost no effort at all
- The stylish, easy-to-use touchscreen is nice and big so all of your smartphone’s features are crystal-clear
- You can even use your phone’s voice assistant, like Siri, for hands-free features
- Simply connect your iPhone or Android to the INTELLIDASH+ via the USB port to enable CarPlay or Android Auto
- It even charges your smartphone while you drive
- This model is fully compatible with your smartphone’s AI voice assistant — use it to make calls, play music, and more
- Integrated Bluetooth means you can also easily connect any device to stream music or podcasts to your car’s audio system
Another option to add wireless CarPlay to your car
Does your car already have a CarPlay screen? That’s great, but most cars with Apple CarPlay require you to plug in your phone. It’s simple enough, but it’s also annoying when you know there’s a better option out there. If you want to add wireless CarPlay to any car that already has CarPlay support, check out the CarlinKit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter.
- The Carlinkit 3.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter converts any car with wired CarPlay so that it supports wireless CarPlay
- Works with Audi, Porsche, Volvo, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Honda, Peugeot, Chevrolet, Ford SYNC 3.4, Mazda, and more
- Your car must have a factory wired CarPlay system in order to work with this wireless CarPlay adapter
- No more plugging your phone into your car with a Lightning USB cable
- Play music, listen to podcasts, navigate with your favorite mapping app, and more — all through CarPlay with now cable needed
- Compatible with every iPhone model from iPhone 5 and newer as long as it’s running iOS 7.1 or later
- Initial connection from your iPhone to the Carlinkit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter takes between 7 and 14 seconds depending on your car and iPhone model
- Comes with a one-year warranty in addition to lifetime technical support
Go here to see this month’s best deals online!
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.