Remember all those rumors about Amazon getting ready to host a Prime Day 2 event in October? Well, they’re not rumors anymore! Amazon has announced a brand new shopping event that’s available exclusively for Prime members. It’s a first-of-its-kind event called the Prime Early Access Sale, and it takes place on October 11 and October 12.
UPDATE: Amazon’s big sale is now over… or is it?! Check out our roundup of all the best Prime Early Access Sale deals that Amazon forgot to end!
Of note, Amazon also released a big Fall Prime Day preview late last week that you definitely need to check out. It shows some of the crazy deals you can expect next week, with savings of up to 80% off.
🎅🎄 Don’t miss BGR’s massive Christmas 2022 gift guide! 🎄🎅
Prime members will have 48 hours to shop Amazon’s massive October Prime Day sales event. According to the retailer, the Prime Early Access Sale will provide Prime subscribers with early access to popular holiday deals. In other words… Black Friday is coming early this year for Amazon Prime members!
If you’re not already a subscriber, definitely sign up for a free Amazon Prime 30-day trial so you can shop these terrific deals. The Prime Early Access Sale starts in less than one week on October 11, plus there are tons of early deals you can already get today. For example, check out these early Prime Day Echo deals and Prime Day 2 Fire TV Stick deals that are already available now!
Featured deals in this article:
Amazon says that its new Prime Early Access Sale is a first-of-its-kind shopping event. Of course, there are definitely some familiar elements to this big sale. Long story short, it really does seem like the “Prime Day 2” sale that had been rumored.
According to the company’s press release, Amazon will offer early access to holiday deals for Prime members. Of course, if you’re not already a Prime subscriber, you can score a free Amazon Prime 30-day trial and shop all the Prime Early Access Sale deals for free!
In addition to the deals that will be available on October 11-12, Amazon is offering tons of special early deals that are available right now. These discounts are intended to offer a small taste of what Prime members can expect during the big sale next month.
On top of deep discounts on popular products, Amazon is running a few early offers ahead of the Prime Early Access Sale in October. Here are three of our favorites:
- 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for FREE
- Up to 50% off movies and TV shows on Prime Video
- Prime members get a year of GrubHub+ for FREE
Those offers are outstanding, and you need to be a Prime member in order to take advantage. Again, if you don’t already subscribe, you should definitely start your free Amazon Prime 30-day trial so you can get in on all the action.
Also of note, Amazon recently held a big fall 2022 event to announce new Amazon devices. There’s a good chance that at least some of those gadgets will go on sale for the first time during the Prime Early Access Sale.
Look out for discounts on awesome next-gen devices like the Echo Dot 5 and Alexa Voice Remote Pro. Or maybe the crazy new Kindle Scribe will get a discount for the first time!
Getting back to deals that are available right now, you can shop all the early deals right here. And be sure to check out the rest of our favorite early deals below.
Featured Prime Early Access Sale deals
- Apple AirPods 2: $89.99 (reg. $129)
- Apple AirPods Pro: $169.99 (reg. $249)
- Echo Dot with 2 free GE smart bulbs: $17.99 (reg. $64)
- Echo Show 5 with 2 free GE smart bulbs: $34.99 (reg. $109)
- Apple Watch Series 8: $349 (reg. $399)
- AirPods Pro 2: $239 (reg. $249)
- Sony OLED 4K Smart TVs: Up to $1,000 off
- Sony WF-1000XM4 ANC Earbuds: $248 (reg. $280)
- Roomba 694 robot vacuum: $199 (reg. $274)
- myQ smart garage door opener: $23.99 (reg. $30)
- Danjor Linens King Size Bed Sheets Set (95,000 5-star reviews): $15.99 (reg. $38)
Amazon device deals for Prime Early Access Sale 2022
- Fire TV Stick 4K: $24.99 (reg. $50)
- Blink camera deals: Up to 54% off
- Fire TV Stick: $19.99 (reg. $40)
- Fire TV Stick 4K Max: $34.99 (reg. $55)
- Insignia 32-inch F20 Smart HD Fire TV: $99.99 (reg. $180)
- Echo deals: Prices from $14.99
- Amazon Smart Plug (428,000 5-star reviews): $12.99 (reg. $25)
- Ring Video Doorbell deals: Prices from $69.99
- Ring Floodlight Cam: Add an Echo Show 5 for $10!
- eero Pro 6E tri-band mesh Wi-Fi system: $419 (reg. $699)
- Fire TV Cube: $59.99 (reg. $120)
- Kindle deals: Prices from $99.99
- Fire Tablets: Deals from $44.99
Even more deep discounts ahead of Prime Day 2
- Roomba j7+: $599 (reg. $800)
- Roomba s9+: $799 (reg. $1,000)
- Roku Express 4K+: $29.99 (reg. $40)
- Amysen smart plugs (4-pack): $13.97 (reg. $30)
- Crockpot Electric Lunch Boxes: $29.99 (reg. $45)
- Apple Watch Series 7: $329 (reg. $399)
- Calphalon 10-Piece Nonstick Pots and Pans Set: $100 (reg. $250)
- Hamilton Beach food processor: $39.99 (reg. $63)
- Apple MacBook Pro (14.2-inch, M1 Pro): $1,599 (reg. $1,999)
- Reolink 4K NVR security camera system: $449.99 (reg. $530)
- Depstech WF070 wireless borescope camera: $31.99 (reg. $50)
- Philips Norelco Multi-Groomer (25-piece Kit): $69.96 (reg. $90)
- Bestcrof digital meat thermometer: $16.99 (reg. $20)
- Apple AirTag 4-Pack: $94.98 (reg. $99)
- SanDisk 200GB microSDXC card: $24.99 (reg. $35)
- Assistrust 50W TV soundbar & surround speakers: $79.99 (reg. $100)
- Sony X80K 65-Inch 4K Smart TV: $798 (reg. $999)
- Dawnsky electric nose hair trimmer: $9.99 (reg. $35)
- IHE dog bark collar: $29.25 (reg. $60)
- Handheld USB digital microscope: $35.99 (reg. $60)
- Tile Bluetooth trackers: Up to 29% off
- Sony WH-XB910N ANC Headphones: $198 (reg. $250)
- LG CordZero Stick Vacuum w/ Auto-Empty Base: $892 (reg. $1,000)
- Magic cube puzzle: $9.99 (reg. $17)
- Qisebin Pro 8-inch chef’s knife: $6.42 (reg. $8)
- JiaSiFu selfie stick: $18.98 (reg. $70)
- Levoit smart humidifier: $98.95 (reg. $110)
- 20W USB-C mini power adapter: $19.99 (reg. $40)
- Sony speakers & TV soundbars are discounted
- JBL true wireless earbuds are on sale
- Save on watches from Citizen, Invicta, Anne Klein, and more
In addition to all those great Prime-exclusive sales, several more deals were just added for Prime members only. You can see them all in our roundup of secret deals that only Amazon Prime members can unlock, and here are a few examples:
Do you want to learn more about Amazon’s big Prime Early Access Sale? You’ll find Amazon’s full press release below so you can read all the details straight from the horse’s mouth.
Introducing Amazon’s Prime Early Access Sale—A New Holiday Shopping Event for Members to Save Big October 11 and October 12
The new 48-hour event gives Prime members exclusive early access to holiday deals, including on must-have brands like Peloton and New Balance, and Amazon’s lowest prices of the year on select products from brands like Caudalie, Murad, and Philips Sonicare
Amazon’s first-ever Top 100 list will feature a curated selection of some of the best deals from brands like Hasbro, iRobot, KitchenAid, and Samsung; Prime members can also shop up to 80% off select Fire TV smart TVs, plus score additional savings on Alexa-enabled devices and top products from LEGO, adidas, Furbo, and Ashley Furniture
Starting today, members can find holiday shopping inspiration from new gift guides across home and toys, plus Amazon’s Toys We Love list
SEATTLE—(BUSINESS WIRE)—September 26, 2022—(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Today, Amazon unveiled Prime Early Access Sale, a new two-day global shopping event exclusive to Prime members. The event begins October 11 at 12 a.m. PDT and runs through October 12 in 15 countries: Austria, Canada, China, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, the UK, and the U.S.
Prime Early Access Sale gives members a chance to kick off the holiday shopping season early with hundreds of thousands of deals. As part of the new deals event, Amazon is introducing a Top 100 list of some of the season’s most popular and giftable items. New deals from the list will drop throughout the event, offering deep savings across all top categories, including electronics, fashion, home, kitchen, pets, toys, and Amazon devices. Holiday gift guides and Amazon’s Toys We Love list will also make it easier for Prime members to discover, shop, and save on deals this holiday season
“We are so excited to help Prime members kick off the holiday season with Amazon’s new Prime Early Access Sale—an exclusive opportunity for members to get deep discounts on top brands we know they are looking for this time of year,” said Jamil Ghani, vice president of Amazon Prime. “And members can start enjoying exclusive Prime benefits and offers now, plus find gift ideas for the family with our holiday gift guides and this year’s Toys We Love list.”
Start Saving Now
Members don’t have to wait to take advantage of holiday gift guides, as well as Prime benefits and offers. They can also learn more by visiting amazon.com/earlyaccess. Customers can join Prime or start a free 30-day trial at amazon.com/prime to participate.
- Explore Holiday Gift Guides: Prime members can find gifting inspiration for the holiday season with gift guides, featuring top items from the toys and home categories. The toys gift guide features the most popular toys and games of the holiday season. It also includes the Toys We Love list of more than 60 items only available at Amazon from top brands, including Hasbro, Disney, Fisher-Price, Bluey, and National Geographic. For more information, visit amazon.com/toyswelove. The home gift guide includes must-have products from brands like Amazon Basics, Christopher Knight, De’Longhi, iRobot, Shark, simplehuman, and ZINUS.
- Try Amazon Music Unlimited: Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months free—with 90 million songs ad-free and in HD, plus millions of podcast episodes—and non-Prime members are eligible for three months free. Or, Prime members can get an Echo Dot (3rd gen) for $0.99 with a one-month subscription of Amazon Music Unlimited. Both offers are available starting September 26 and ending October 12.
- Get a Grubhub+ Membership, Free For a Year: Prime members in the U.S. can get even more delivered to their door with a free, one-year Grubhub+ membership trial valued at $9.99 per month—at no additional cost to their Prime membership for the first 12 months. This offer includes unlimited, $0 delivery fees on orders over $12, along with exclusive offers and rewards for Grubhub+ members, like free food and order discounts from hundreds of thousands of restaurants across the country. To activate this deal, members can visit amazon.com/grubhub.
- Score Deals on Prime Video: Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership. In addition to a vast collection of movies, series, and sports included with Prime Video, from September 30 through October 7, Prime members can enjoy a selection of new and popular titles to rent or buy at up to 50% off.
Plan Ahead for Prime Early Access Sale
Amazon makes it easy to prepare for Prime Early Access Sale, setting up personalized deal notifications and creating shopping lists.
- Set up Personalized Deal Notifications: Prime members can subscribe to receive deal alert notifications related to their recent Amazon searches and recently viewed items. All they have to do is visit the Prime Early Access Sale event page on the Amazon app between now and the event to create deal alerts. Once Prime Early Access Sale begins, members will receive push notifications on any available deals.
- Create Deal Lists with Alexa: Busy Prime members who don’t want to miss a deal can add products to their Wish List, Cart, or Save for Later list. Alexa can notify members up to 24 hours before eligible deals go live on items they’ve added to their lists—and even offer to purchase the deal once it’s available.
Deliveries Backed by Amazon’s Operations Network
Fast, free delivery of Prime Early Access Sale orders is made possible thanks to Amazon’s global transportation network, which is powered by innovative technology, transportation services, dedicated associates, and partners. Amazon continues to build, innovate, and scale this network around the world—from rail and trucks to planes, vans, and more—while focusing on the safety, well-being, and career advancement of the people and partners who work across the Journey of an Amazon Package. From a veteran loading cargo into the belly of an Amazon Air aircraft to the driver delivering that familiar Amazon box, it’s the people and partners across the operations network who make it all possible.
More Opportunities to Join Prime
Amazon offers two discounted Prime memberships with the same unparalleled value of all benefits to make everyday selection and savings more accessible.
- Qualifying recipients of government assistance, including SNAP EBT and Medicaid, can enjoy all of Prime for just $6.99 per month. To learn more or to sign up for a free trial, visit amazon.com/qualifynow.
- Designed specifically for higher education students, Prime Student is just $7.49 per month or $69 per year. Members also enjoy exclusive perks for college life, like up to 10% off flights and hotels through StudentUniverse. College students who haven’t yet tried Prime Student can sign up for a six-month trial at amazon.com/joinstudent.
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime delivers value for members through world-class customer service, exclusive savings, expansive selection, convenience, and quality digital entertainment for just $14.99 per month or $139 per year. In the U.S. that includes free, fast delivery—including on groceries and prescription medication, unlimited streaming of movies and series like The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power and live sports like Thursday Night Football with Prime Video, ad-free listening of 2 million songs, thousands of stations and playlists, and thousands of podcasts with Amazon Music, free games with Prime Gaming, more than 3,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading, unlimited photo storage with Amazon Photos, and incredible savings with Prime Day. Members can also enjoy a free, one-year Grubhub+ membership trial valued at $9.99 per month—at no added cost to their Prime membership. Anyone can join Prime or start a free 30-day trial at amazon.com/prime.
Shop With Confidence
Customers can shop with peace of mind knowing that we stand behind the products sold in Amazon’s stores with the A-to-z Guarantee. Amazon’s protection applies to products purchased in our stores worldwide, and in the unlikely event that customers experience issues with timely delivery or condition of their purchase, Amazon will make it right by refunding or replacing it. Amazon is committed to a trustworthy shopping experience and backs the products offered in Amazon’s Prime Early Access Sale, as well as the hundreds of millions of products offered every day in our stores. Learn more here.
Related coverage: 99 best Christmas gift ideas of 2022
Go here to see this month’s best deals online!