If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time to start building the future. When people think of Amazon’s devices business, four things obviously come to mind: Alexa speakers, Fire TV streaming devices, Kindle eReaders, and Fire tablets. Amazon dabbles in other areas too, however, and its newest piece of hardware is unlike anything we’ve ever seen before from Amazon. It’s called the AWS DeepLens AI Deep Learning Video Camera, and it’s finally available to purchase on Amazon’s site. It’s meant for developers who want to build products and services that utilize machine learning involving things like face recognition, object recognition, and other AI features. These are the technologies of the future, and now developers have a shockingly inexpensive way to harness them.
Here are some of the key details from the product page:
- Deep learning in your hands – A fully programmable video camera designed to expand deep learning skills.
- Start learning right away – Learn the basics of deep learning through example projects, computer vision models, tutorials, and real world, hands-on exploration on a physical device.
- A new way to learn machine learning – Allows developers of all skill levels get started with deep learning in less than 10 minutes.
- Sample projects – AWS DeepLens can run custom models from Amazon SageMaker, and comes with a collection of pre-trained models ready to run on the device with a single click.
- Fully programmable – Easy to customize and is fully programmable using AWS Lambda providing a familiar programming environment for developers to experiment with.
- Integrated with AWS – Stream video back to AWS using Amazon Kinesis Video Streams, and apply more advanced video analytics using Amazon Rekognition Video. The device also connects securely to AWS IoT, Amazon SQS, Amazon SNS, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, and more.
- Build custom models with Amazon SageMaker – New custom models trained in Amazon SageMaker can be sent to AWS DeepLens with just a few clicks from the AWS Management Console.
- Broad framework support – Run any deep learning framework, including TensorFlow and Caffe. AWS DeepLens comes pre-installed with a high performance, efficient, optimized inference engine for deep learning using Apache MXNet.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.