If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- The big news on Amazon is that Purell hand sanitizer and Purell wipes are somehow both in stock right now, and they’re flying off the shelves even though prices are inflated — but that’s not the only big news today at Amazon.
- A huge mistake at Amazon means anyone is able to buy Honeywell RWS-54000 face masks right now for just $1.68 each, which is the best price we’ve seen since the novel coronavirus pandemic began.
- These genuine Honeywell face masks are supposed to be available only to hospitals and government agencies, but someone made a mistake so all Amazon shoppers are now able to purchase them.
- There is absolutely no question that these Honeywell face masks will sell out quickly and shipping times are already slipping, so order a few 5-packs now while you still can — these masks only cost $1.68 each!
UPDATE: These sold out in just a couple of hours like we said they would. Definitely keep checking that Amazon page because we’ve seen them arrive back in stock before soon after selling out, and here are some great alternatives if you missed out:
Jointown Face Mask, Pack of 50 (5081) Price:$24.94 ($0.50 / mask) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Price:$69.98 ($3.50 / mask) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Price:$52.99 ($2.65 / mask) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
EARLIER: At this point, everyone knows that coronavirus face masks from all the best brands like 3M, Milwaukee, and Honeywell aren’t available to just anyone on Amazon. Instead, they’re “prioritized for organizations on the frontlines responding to COVID-19” like hospitals and local governments. That’s fine, of course, since they have a much greater need for high-quality masks because they’re on the front lines of the fight against the novel coronavirus. And such is the case with best-selling Honeywell RWS-54000 face masks, as you can plainly see in this screenshot:
The first masks shown on the left there are Honeywell’s RWS-54000 face masks, and you can clearly see that message that we’ve all become far too familiar with. We’re not complaining, of course, since healthcare workers battling the novel coronavirus have a far greater need than we do for PPE like high-quality face masks.
As it turns out, however, someone seems to have made a mistake over at Amazon. Visit the Honeywell RWS-54000 page and you’ll find that the masks are actually in stock and available for anyone to order!
We would normally keep this information a secret rather than encourage people to purchase face masks intended for healthcare workers, but this is a unique situation. These are not N95 face masks and they’re not NIOSH-approved. That said, these masks provide even better protection than simple face coverings like Amazon’s best-selling Jointown face masks. They’re similar to popular MagiCare KN95 face masks that everyone’s buying right now, and you should definitely check those out once these Honeywell masks inevitably sell out.
You can definitely continue to wear regular 3-layer face masks on a daily basis as long as you practice social distancing and good hygiene. But for higher-risk situations like public transportation, flying on an airplane, or visiting a doctor’s office or hospital, we definitely recommend picking up som Honeywell RWS-54000 face masks — especially when they’re genuine masks sold by Honeywell for just $1.68 each. That’s less than half what you’d pay for the no-name KN95 masks that are sold on eBay and Craigslist!
We first told our readers about this awesome opportunity yesterday and thousands of people took advantage. Shipping times are now starting to slip but they’re still available to order, so we wanted to give everyone one last chance to stock up before these Honeywell face masks inevitably sell out.
Here’s some more info from the product page on Amazon:
- Stay Safe from Toxic Fumes and Dust: Based on your specific needs, the Honeywell Retail Nuisance Disposable Dust Mask is designed to keep away airborne irritants such as non-toxic dust, pollen, mold, dander, and other common airborne irritants. Not only can you keep yourself safe from dust, but also keep yourself safe from irritants and allergic particles in the air.
- A Secure and Snug Fit: Designed for a comfortable fit, the lightweight yet utilitarian breathing mask has a single strap construction and adjustable nose bridge for the ultimate comfort. The strap is adjustable, allowing you to secure the mask to cover your nose and mouth.
- Breathe Easily: The filter material that the Honeywell Retail Nuisance Disposable Dust Mask is engineered to offer lower breathing resistance. The mask is latex-free to help lower the chances of allergic reactions to the material. This disposable and one size dust mask and is specifically designed for protection against non-toxic particles.
- 1 Powecom KN95 Face Mask Reusable, Disposable Masks on FDA EUA List, Protection for Dust Pollen,…
- 2 PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer, Refreshing Gel, Clean Scent, 8 fl oz Sanitizer Table Top Pump B…
- 3 PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer Refreshing Gel, Clean Scent, 1 Liter Flip Cap Bottle (Pack of 4)…
- 4 Lysol 2284 Crisp Linen Spray, 4 PACK, blue
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.