If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Everyone has been told that monitoring your temperature for a fever is the best way to be on the lookout out for a potential novel coronavirus infection, and Amazon’s best-selling infrared thermometer is finally back in stock.
- As it turns out, however, there may be an even better and more accurate way to determine if you might be sick with COVID-19.
- A pulse oximeter is a device that measures blood oxygen levels and we came across a terrific deal on Amazon that will save you $134 on one of the best models out there.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
What’s the one thing experts have been saying we should watch out for as an early warning sign of a potential coronavirus infection? That’s right, a fever. We’ve been told this over and over again, and some businesses are even performing temperature checks at entry as they begin to reopen. As it turns out, however, a fever might not be as common a coronavirus symptom as we all thought. Some more recent studies have suggested that fewer than half of patients who are infected with COVID-19 get a fever.
This is fairly startling news since elevated temperature is the one thing we’ve been told to be on the lookout for first and foremost. Thankfully though, there’s something else that might be a much better indicator of a novel coronavirus infection. Since the virus attacks the lungs, people who catch COVID-19 can often tell by checking their blood oxygen level. Normal blood oxygen readings are between 95% and 100% according to the Mayo clinic, but coronavirus patients have been found with readings as low as 50%. Anything under 90% is considered unhealthy.
Today, we have a great deal to share with our readers on one of the niftiest pulse oximeters we know of. It’s called the Wellue Oxygen Saturation Tracker and it’s different from most of the blood oxygen level meters you’ve seen. Whereas most of them clip to the end of your pointer finger to give a reading, this model is a ring that you can wear all the time for continuous readings. What’s more, it alerts you if your blood oxygen level drops too low and it even connects to an app on your iPhone or Android device.
The Wellue Oxygen Saturation Tracker is a terrific tool and it lasts for 14 hours per charge so you can wear it all day or all night. You can also just use it periodically to check your blood oxygen level since constant monitoring isn’t always necessary. This model carries a hefty retail price of $260, but an Amazon discount plus the special coupon code WSSIKXYR slash it down to an all-time low of just $125.99. This huge discount is only available for one more day, so definitely take advantage of this sale while you can.
Here are some of the key details from the product page:
- Peace of mind on your finger, adjustable vibration feedback for low oxygen level and irregular heart rate.
- The lightest, smallest, most comfortable ring sensor for overnight continuous monitoring, durable, and adaptable to most fingers.
- Free professional APP and PC report shows the graphic sleep report and trends of blood oxygen level condition, heart rate and motion
- Rechargeable: 2 hours charging for up to 14 hours of usage. The device runs automatically when you wear it
- You will get: A 12-month Worry-Free Warranty, lifetime technical support, top-grade customer service, and fast responses within 12 hours.
- 1 Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device with Alexa Voice Remote | Dolby Vision | 2018 release
- 2 Handupfree Electric, Hands Free Bottle Restaurant Automatic Jar Opener for Seniors with Arthrit…
- 3 Smart Plug Gosund Smart WiFi Outlet Works with Alexa and Google Home, 2.4G WiFi Only, No Hub Re…
- 4 Queen Mattress Pad Cover Cooling Mattress Topper Pillow Top with Down Alternative Fill (8-21”…
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.