If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- The Microsoft Surface Pro X is the company’s latest and greatest Windows 10 device, and it’s down to its lowest price ever on Amazon for Memorial Day 2020.
- The entry-level Surface Pro X with 8GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD typically sells for $1,000, but on Monday it’s on sale for only $749.99.
- Double the amount of SSD storage and you’ll save even more — the 256GB Surface Pro X that typically sells for $1,300 is only $849.99 while supplies last.
For so many years, Windows laptops were big clunky devices that people bought because they needed one, not because they actually wanted one. They all pretty much looked the same, with boxy black or dark gray cases. If you needed a new laptop, all you had to worry about was picking a screen size and a processor/RAM/storage combo that met your needs. They all looked the same and ran the same software, so why bother digging any deeper?
Now, that has totally changed. Most people agree that the introduction of the MacBook Air in 2008 was the catalyst because it made Windows laptop vendors realize that a notebook computer could be more than just a thick black rectangle. “Ultrabooks” began flooding the market and now, in 2020, we have more variety than ever before. In fact, not all Windows laptops are even traditional laptops anymore these days, as evidenced by the hot new Microsoft Surface Pro X.
The Surface Pro X packs a full-fledged touchscreen laptop experience into a stunningly sleek tablet. It runs Windows 10 Home just like any other Windows laptop you would buy for personal use, and it also packs up to 16GB of RAM and up to 512GB of SSD storage. All that in a tablet that’s just 7.3mm thin — that’s 12% thinner than an iPhone 11!
The Surface Pro X starts at $1,000 and goes all the way up to $1,800, but all four available models are discounted right now at Amazon. The stars of the show are the 128GB Microsoft Surface Pro X and the 256GB Microsoft Surface Pro X, however, because they’re included in Amazon’s big one-day Gold Box deal on Monday. You’ll save $250 if you pick up the 128GB model today, or you can double the SSD storage and get the 256GB model for just $849.99. That’s a massive $450 discount!
Microsoft Surface Pro X – 13" Touch-Screen – SQ1 - 8GB Memory - 128GB Solid State Drive –… List Price:$843.00 Price:$749.99 You Save:$93.01 (11%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Microsoft Surface Pro X – 13" Touch-Screen – SQ1 - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid State Drive –… Price:$849.99 Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Here are the bullet points from Amazon’s product page with more info:
- No Wi-Fi, no problem — in addition to Wi-Fi, every model comes enabled with blazing-fast LTE Advanced Pro connectivity
- Perfect for your on-the-go lifestyle — sleek and slim, in Matte Black, Surface Pro X is just 7.3mm thin and starts at 1.7 pounds
- See more and do more on a 13” screen. Virtually edge-to-edge PixelSense Display touchscreen and Surface signature 3:2 ratio gives you the most workspace possible
- Powered by Qualcomm, the new custom Microsoft SQ1 processor delivers multitasking laptop performance, long battery life, and fast LTE and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Ultra-slim and versatile design. Surface Pro X adapts to you, transforming from ultra-thin laptop, to powerful tablet, to portable studio
- 1 10-Pack KN95 (EUA Listed Appendix A Authorized Respirator), Protective Face Mask, Disposable Pa…
- 2 10-Pack FFP2 Mask Respirator (Headband), Disposable Particulate Respirator, EN149:2001+A1:2009…
- 3 SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth V5.2 Headphones with Qualcomm QCC3040 Wireless Earphones,…
- 4 Apple AirPods Pro
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.