- Electric toothbrushes are far better at cleaning your teeth and gums than traditional toothbrushes, but not all electric toothbrush models are created equal.
- Models from popular brands like Oral-B are great, but most people don’t realize they need to sanitize the brush heads themselves to kill germs including bacteria and viruses.
- A new model called the TAO Clean Sonic Toothbrush uses the same technology as smartphone sanitizers to kill 99.9% of germs every single day when you’re done using it.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
At this point, most people have come to realize that a traditional toothbrush will never clean your teeth as well as a traditional toothbrush. Whether or not they care enough to actually invest in an electric toothbrush is an entirely different story. They’re well worth the initial investment considering how much more healthy your teeth and gums will be after you start using one, but not everyone wants to shell out $100 or $150 for a toothbrush.
Even if you do use an electric toothbrush, you’re probably still not getting your mouth as clean as you should be. That’s because electric toothbrush heads collect germs including bacteria and viruses just like any other brush. Even if you change your brush head as often as you’re supposed to — which almost no one actually does — you still need to sanitize your brush manually. At least, that used to be the case before the new TAO Clean Sonic Toothbrush came along.
As an electric toothbrush, the TAO Clean Sonic Toothbrush is already great. It has a comfortable design and a powerful motor that delivers 40,000 brush strokes per minute. The best part, however, is the dock that comes with the brush. It’s not just a charging stand like the ones that come with other electric toothbrush models, it’s a cleaning station that uses UV-C light to obliterate mold, mildew, and germs including bacteria and viruses. It uses the same technology as the UV-C smartphone sanitizers that kill coronavirus on your iPhone or Android device.
We’ve been testing the TAO Clean Sonic Toothbrush ourselves and we love it. So long, Oral-B! Beyond how much better it is than Oral-B thanks to the UV-C cleaning docking station, it’s also about half the price of top-selling Oral-B electric toothbrush models.
Here’s the important info from Amazon’s product page:
- ORAL CLEANSING SYSTEM: Upgrade your daily oral routine with the TAO Clean Sonic Toothbrush System. The ergonomic handle fits perfectly in your hand while the 40,000 tiny brush strokes per minute sweep away plaque and gently polish away surface stains.
- PATENTED DOCKING STATION: The TAO Clean Base Station uses powerful Ultraviolet-C rays to kill 99.9% of germs while your sonic toothbrush is not in use. It also protects, dries, charges it, and takes up minimal space on your bathroom counter.
- DUAL SPEED SETTINGS: Pick the setting that’s perfect for your mouth. The TAO Clean toothbrush has dual settings (Super Clean & Sensitive Clean) and a 2-minute timer that pauses every 30 seconds to remind you to move to the next section of your mouth.
- TWO-YEAR WARRANTY: TAO Clean products have a two-year warranty covering manufacturer-related defects. Box includes a brush handle, base station, 3 hygienically sealed toothbrush heads, power adaptor, and cable.
- BRAND YOU CAN TRUST: Our philosophy is clean and simple – literally. At TAO Clean, we believe every object we create must deliver a wonderful user experience from start to finish. Each product is built to live up to high cleanliness standards.
More of today’s top deals
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.