If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- We recently told you about a few different smartphone sanitizers on Amazon that use UV-C light to kill bacteria and viruses like the novel coronavirus on smartphones — they sold out within hours of our coverage.
- Now, in a surprising turn of events, two of the most popular models we have covered in the past few weeks are both back in stock on Amazon and ready to ship out this week.
- As an added bonus, we also found a tiny portable UV sterilizer that can zap bacteria and viruses on jewelry, and it’s only $17.99 right now if you hurry.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
It is believed that there are two main ways people become infected with the novel coronavirus. The first way is by not adhering to strict social distancing guidelines and inhaling “micro-droplets” that float in the air and carry the virus. These microscopic droplets enter the air when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or even just speaks or breathes, and you can easily catch COVID-19 if those droplets get in your mouth, nose, or eyes.
The second common way the novel coronavirus spreads is through contact. Infected people touch surfaces and leave behind active virus that can then be picked up and transmitted when a healthy person touches the same surface. Of course, you can’t just absorb the novel coronavirus through your skin. An infection can occur when you get the virus on your hands and then touch your face. Alternatively, the same infection can happen when you transfer the virus from your hands to the filthy cesspool that is your smartphone, and then ultimately to your face.
Everyone knows smartphones are filthy, but things like Clorox and Lysol wipes are still almost impossible to come by. How should you clean your phone so you can kill bacteria and viruses like the Novel coronavirus? Smartphone sanitizers that use UV light are the best tool for the job, and several popular models that have been best-sellers among our readers are now back in stock at Amazon.
First up, the top-selling Marnana Portable UV Phone Sterilizer is back and ready to ship. This compact UV cleaner case pops open and your phone goes inside. Press the button on the top to start sanitizing and your phone is blasted with UV-C light for a few minutes. I like to do two passes on each side just to be safe.
Next up, we have the HoMedics UV-Clean Portable Sanitizer Bag with much better coverage and much more internal space so you can fit all kinds of other objects apart from just your smartphone. It’s available right now in two colors and a third will be in stock next week — you can save $20 if you opt for that third version and wait a week.
As an added bonus, we also just came across a tiny little sanitizer called the Munchkin Portable UV Sterilizer. It won’t fit a smartphone since it’s so compact, but you can easily carry it with you anywhere and it’s great for sanitizing jewelry and other small objects. Best of all, you’ll only pay $19.97 for this awesome mini sanitizer.
More of today’s top deals
Jointown Face Mask, Pack of 50 (5081) Price:$38.99 ($0.78 / Mask) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Certified Refurbished Fire HD 8 Tablet (8" HD Display, 32 GB) - Black with Show Mode Charging D… List Price:$139.98 Price:$69.99 You Save:$79.99 (57%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
Apple AirPods Pro List Price:$249.00 Price:$234.95 You Save:$50.00 (20%) Available from Amazon, BGR may receive a commission
- 1 10-Pack KN95 (EUA Listed Appendix A Authorized Respirator), Protective Face Mask, Disposable Pa…
- 2 AccuMed Face Mask (Headband), Cup Style Mask, (20 Count)
- 3 PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer, Refreshing Gel, Clean Scent, 8 fl oz Sanitizer Table Top Pump B…
- 4 Lysol RAC84251 Disinfecting Wipes, 7 x 8, Lemon/Lime, 80 Wipes/Canister, 3/Pack
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.