- Arlo cameras are widely excepted as the best wire-free home security cameras on the market right now.
- Arlo’s battery-powered security cameras are indeed terrific in many ways, but there are two big problems with them that are both addressed by Amazon’s rival home security cameras.
- Blink Indoor cameras and Blink XT2 weatherproof indoor/outdoor cameras are fantastic alternatives that address both of Arlo’s biggest problems, and they’re on sale right now at the lowest prices of 2020.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
Battery-powered home security cameras are fantastic because they’re so easy to install without paying anyone or taking the time to run wires. That’s why I chose Arlo for my own home when shopping for a home security camera system. I’m reasonably happy with them, but if I had it to do over again I would have definitely chosen Amazon’s Blink cameras instead. Why? Because there are two big problems with Arlo cameras and Blink cameras address them both.
First, Arlo cameras are great because they’re rechargeable but the battery only lasts 2-3 months, tops. Blink cameras use regular AA batteries, and they can last for up to 2 years before the batteries need to be changed. That means by the time you have to change the batteries in your Blink camera, I might have had to recharge my Arlo cam as many as 12 times. And second, Arlo cameras are insanely expensive, with prices that climb as high as $300 for a single camera. That’s no typo… one camera!
Amazon’s Blink cameras are always a great value, but that’s especially true right now because they’re all on sale for a limited time. Blink Indoor Home Security Camera Systems start at just $63.99 with add-on cameras down to $54.99, and Blink XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security Camera Systems that are weatherproof so you can use them outside start at $79.99, while add-on cameras are on sale for $69.99 apiece.
Blink Indoor Home Security Camera System
- MOTION DETECTOR: Built-in motion sensor alarm, when motion detector is triggered, WIFI cameras send an alert to your smartphone and record a short clip of the event to the cloud
- BATTERY POWERED SECURITY SYSTEM: Wireless home camera with 2-year battery life, powered by 2 Lithium AA 1.5v non-rechargeable Lithium batteries (included), data is sent from IP cameras over Wi-Fi
- SMART HOME SECURITY: Simple self-install home monitoring in minutes; easy control wireless cameras with the included iOS & Android apps or via voice through our Amazon Alexa Skill!
- ADVANCED HOME SURVEILLANCE: Home and pet monitoring in real-time with video camera “Live View” streaming mode
- FREE CLOUD STORAGE: Totally wire-free, with no monthly fees or service contract required. (Requires iOS 10.3 or Android 5 Lollipop or higher)
Blink XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security Camera System
- Extended battery life – 2-year battery life on two AA lithium batteries with a combination of two-way talk, live view, and motion recording. Double the usage of the XT on a single set of batteries when recording video.
- 2-way audio – Talk to visitors through the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Customizable motion detection – Use activity zones to choose where motion is detected so you receive the alerts that matter.
- Free cloud storage – Keep hundreds of clips stored up to a year with no monthly fees or service contract required.
- Works with Alexa – View live streams, motion clips, or arm and disarm your system through select Alexa-enabled devices.
- Day and night coverage – Record and view in up to 1080p HD video during the day and with infrared HD night vision after dark.
- Use indoors/outdoors – Blink XT2 stands up to the elements. Place or mount it inside or outside for whole-home security.
- Easy setup – No tools, wiring, or professional installation required.
More of today’s top deals
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.