If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
- Amazon on Thursday announced a brand new home security camera called the Blink Mini smart security camera.
- The new model complements the Blink XT and Blink XT2, which are Amazon’s wire-free, weatherproof cameras that last for up to two years before needing new batteries.
- The new Blink Mini camera costs just $34.99 and it will be released later this month, but it’s already available to pre-order on Amazon’s site.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
Amazon might be shifting much of its attention and resources away from nonessential products right now, but it apparently still has time to launch and ship a new nonessential product of its own. The company on Thursday announced the brand new Blink Mini smart security camera, an indoor home security camera that complements other cameras in the Blink lineup, like the popular Blink XT2. The XT2 is a weatherproof indoor/outdoor camera that runs for up to 2 years before it needs new batteries, while the new Blink Mini model is only for indoor use. It’s also not battery-powered so it needs to be plugged in like a normal security camera.
The biggest selling feature for the new Blink Mini is likely the price — at just $34.99, it’s very affordable desipite packing all the same core features as more expensive options like the $200 Nest Cam. Amazon’s new Blink Mini also comes with something the Nest Cam doesn’t: free cloud storage through the end of 2020. The Blink Mini is available to pre-order right now on Amazon, and it starts shipping in less than two weeks on April 15th.
Here’s a summary of the key details from Amazon’s press release:
Amazon today announced the all-new Blink Mini, a compact, indoor, plug-in smart home security camera with 1080p HD resolution, motion detection and two-way audio. When paired with the Blink Home Monitor app, Blink Mini lets customers see a live view of their home, or hear and talk to people and pets in real-time. Customers can also save their video clips using their Blink cloud storage subscription plan or, coming later this year, use the new Blink Sync Module 2 for local video storage. Blink Mini is available for pre-order starting today in the US for $34.99 and Canada for $44.99 CAD and will begin shipping to customers in the coming weeks. Customers who purchase a Blink Mini also receive an included trial of the Blink cloud storage subscription plan with their purchase.
Blink Mini offers motion detection with customized detection zones so customers are only alerted to the movement that matters to them. Blink Mini can record 1080p HD video during the day, and supports infrared HD night vision for video capture in low light. Using the Blink Home Monitor app, customers can receive notifications on their smartphone when motion is detected, and use two-way audio to speak to people or pets in their home from anywhere. Blink Mini is also easy to setup – just plug it in, connect it to Wi-Fi, and add it to the Blink Home Monitor app. Customers can also pair Blink Mini with a supported Alexa-enabled device to view recorded videos, turn on live view, or arm and disarm the camera using just their voice.
- 1 FDA-authorized Powecom KN95 masks certified by NIOSH to work even better than 3M N95 masks are discounted for Black Friday!
- 2 AccuMed Face Mask, Protective Face Mask (10 Count)
- 3 PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer, Refreshing Gel, Clean Scent, 8 fl oz Sanitizer Table Top Pump B…
- 4 PURELL 902210BX Sanitizing Hand Wipes, 5 x 7, 100/Box
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.