- When it comes to cooking, there’s really nothing else out there that delivers the kind of delicious flavors you get when you use a sous vide cooker.
- Once a secret known only to professional chefs, using a sous vide cooker involves sealing food in airtight bags and submerging it in a water bath.
- The sous vide machine then applies low heat to food over a long period of time, slowly bringing it up to temperature while locking in every last bit of flavor.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the past few years, you’ve undoubtedly heard about sous vide cookers at some point. They used to exclusively be expensive commercial-grade machines used only in restaurants by professional chefs, but smart companies have taken the same concept and shrunken it down for home use. Now, there’s a deal on Amazon that you definitely shouldn’t pass up if you’re not already in on the action.
In a nutshell, a sous vide cooker is a device that cooks food at low heat over a very long period of time. Food gets sealed in an airtight plastic bag and then submerged in a water bath so that every inch of the food surface is in contact with the water on the other side of the plastic barrier. The sous vide then heats the water to the target temperature — for example, 140 to 145 degrees Fahrenheit for a steak — and keeps it there for hours until the food in the bag reaches the same temperature. All the flavor is locked in since it has nowhere to go, and the end result is the most delicious meal you’ve ever had.
Anova is one of the most popular companies out there when it comes to home sous vide cookers, and the company’s most popular model is discounted right now at Amazon. The Anova AN500 Sous Vide Precision Cooker typically sells for $199, but a $50 discount and an extra coupon you can clip on the Amazon page slash the price to just $134.10. That’s the lowest price of the year, and it’s definitely worth waiting a few weeks for. Trust us, you’re going to wonder how you ever cooked without it!
Here’s all the important info from Amazon’s product page:
- PERFECT RESULTS EVERY TIME: Never over or undercook your food again. The Anova Precision Cooker sous vide (pronounced “sue-veed”) circulates water at the exact temperature required for perfectly cooked meals, no matter what’s on your menu. Use the Anova App to access thousands of free recipes and monitor your cook from anywhere via your smartphone.
- WHAT TO COOK: Sous vide cooking guarantees the perfect level of doneness for nearly any food of your choosing. Chicken, fish, vegetables, eggs, beef, lamb, pork and more are all ideal candidates for sous vide circulation. The ability to lock in flavor and moisture during the cooking process results in texture and taste that is second to none. Temperature Accuracy is +/- 0.1˚C (0.2˚F)
- NEW AND IMPROVED: Now with more power, faster heat-up times, and improved WiFi connection all in a smaller and more durable body, the Anova Precision Cooker is the perfect option for any home chef. It easily attaches to any stockpot or container with a fully adjustable clamp and is water-resistant for when accidents happen in the kitchen.
- EASY TO USE: Simply attach the Precision Cooker to your own pot or container, fill the pot or container with water, add your food in a sealed bag, and cook manually with the built-in controls or with the Anova App.
- CUSTOMER PROMISE: Designed in San Francisco, CA with a 2-year warranty. Anova delivers thousands of sous vide recipes for free in the Anova App, created for cooks of every skill level by award-winning chefs and home cooks alike. The numbers speak for themselves – with over 60 million units sold to date and half a million #Anovafoodnerds worldwide, you could say people love cooking with Anova. Try it yourself and find out why with our 100-day money-back guarantee.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.