- Samsung’s new Galaxy S20 smartphones are now available for purchase around the world, but many people believe them to be way overpriced considering the least expensive model you can get in the United States costs $1,000.
- There’s still no official word on how well the S20 series is selling, but there’s another Samsung smartphone that might be a smarter choice for Android fans.
- For one day only on Monday, Amazon is offering an incredible deal that slashes up to $500 off the price of a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 flagship smartphone that is factory unlocked.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
There is no question whatsoever that Samsung’s new Galaxy S20 smartphone lineup is packed full of power and exciting new features. The cameras are particularly impressive, especially on the high-end Galaxy S20 Ultra model. The phone packs a quad-lens rear camera with a 102-megapixel wide-angle lens, a 10x optical zoom telephoto lens, and a crazy new feature that lets you zoom up to 100x when combining the optical and digital zoom features. It’s incredible, but it’s also almost certainly not worth the insane $1,600 price tag.
If you don’t want all the crazy new camera features on the Galaxy S20 Ultra or the other mind-blowing specs like up to 16GB of RAM, you can always choose one of the “cheaper” Galaxy S20 models. Why is the word “cheaper” in quotes, you ask? Well, it’s because the least expensive Galaxy S20 model that Samsung sells in the United States still costs $1,000. That’s just crazy, and sales of Samsung’s new S20 series are said to be suffering as a result.
If you love Samsung’s sleek Android phones but you don’t want to spend an arm and a leg to get one, today is definitely your lucky day. Forget the overhyped S20 series and pick up a brand new Galaxy Note 9 on Amazon instead. The nation’s top online retailer has a killer one-day sale going that slashes the price of the $1,000 128GB Galaxy Note 9 to just $599.99, and the $1,250 512GB Galaxy Note 9 model is down to $749.99. That’s a massive $500 discount, and these are the best prices we’ve seen on factory unlocked Note 9 phones. The deals are only good until the end of the day on Monday though, which means you have to pull the trigger now or you’re going to miss out.
Here are the bullet points from Amazon’s Note 9 page:
- The largest battery in a Note, ever. When you have a long lasting battery, you really can go all day and all night
- The Note9 has twice as much storage as the Note8, which means more music, more videos, more pictures, and less worry when it comes to space on your phone
- The Note9 gives you a quick network connection for incredibly fast streaming and downloading, so you can do more, uninterrupted.Bluetooth:5.0
- Still amazing on screen, but now the S Pen has more power off screen. Remotely control different applications and use the S pen to capture shots from far away, scroll, and play music
- At 6.4 Inches, the Note9 has the largest screen of any Galaxy phone. Perfect for gaming and streaming, our Super AMOLED display is bigger than ever before
- Connectivity Wi Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80 MU MIMO,1024 QAM
More of today’s top deals
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.