- How do you kill the novel coronavirus on your smartphone? Apple recently confirmed that it’s okay to use products like Clorox wipes and Purell to clean your iPhone.
- That’s all well and good, but those products and similar disinfectants are already sold out practically everywhere as the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the United States continues to climb.
- Washing your hands well does a better job of killing coronavirus on your hands than Purell anyway, and there is another option that works on your phone.
- It’s called the PurLite UV-C Sanitizer Box and it’s back in stock on Amazon… but not for long.
- Visit BGR’s homepage for more stories.
Despite the fact that the White House is embarrassingly still trying to downplay the impact that the novel coronavirus is going to have on our nation and on the economy, COVID-19 is quite literally going to change the course of history. Some expert estimates suggest that the majority of Americans will at some point come in contact with the virus, and it’s possible that between one-third and one-half of Americans will get sick.
Most cases of the novel coronavirus are relatively mild and patients make a full recovery. Elderly and people who are already immunocompromised are the most at-risk, but many people are unaware of underlying conditions that might lead to complications in the event of an infection. The bottom line is there is an extremely good chance that you’ll come in contact with COVID-19 at some point, but there are things you can do to limit your exposure and prevent infection.
First, wash your hands thoroughly and regularly.
Second, keep your eye on Amazon because Purell, Clorox wipes, and Lysol wipes have been coming back in stock periodically. They’re sold out just about everywhere else, so this is definitely your best bet.
Third, accept the fact that your smartphone is a hotbed for germs and viruses like the novel coronavirus. Regularly disinfecting your phone is one of the best ways to avoid getting sick, but traditional methods like Clorox wipes and Purell are almost impossible to come by right now. You don’t want to use soap and water, of course, but are other options that work better than anything else. The first is called the PhoneSoap 3 Pro UV Smartphone Sanitizer, and it’s available to order once again right now on Amazon.
The PhoneSoap 3 Pro uses a 10-minute session with intense UV light to kill any and all germs lurking on your smartphone. In case you’re wondering, UV light has indeed been confirmed to kill COVID-19. The bad news is that Phonesoap devices aren’t available to ship immediately right now on Amazon or anywhere else, but as of the time of this writing, shipping estimates are noted as later this month. That will give you plenty of time to get your hands on a Phonesoap 3 Pro before the novel coronavirus outbreak really starts picking up serious steam in the US.
If you want other options that will ship sooner, the $47 NeotrixQI Cell Phone Sanitizer is in stock right now. We haven’t tested it though, so we can’t guarantee how well it works. If you want the best of the best and you want it to ship right now, Amazon has the $200 PurLite UV-C Sanitizer Box in stock. It’s the standard by which all similar products are measured, and it’s available for immediate Prime shipping.
- 1 5pcs Particulate 95% Protection GB2626-2006 PM2.5 type 9551 filter in US stock (NOT In the orig…
- 2 Jointown Face Mask, Pack of 50 (5081)
- 3 SupplyAID RRS-KN95-5PK KN95 Mask, Protection Against PM2.5 Dust. Pollen and Haze-Proof, 5 Pack
- 4 SupplyAID 80% Alcohol Hand Sanitizer Gel w/Soothing Aloe FDA # 74035-1051-5, 16 Fl Oz, Pack of…
If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on
our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.