If you have a Nintendo Switch, you should definitely be aware that a new Max Raid event has begun in Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield. First of all, they’re the two hottest Pokemon games out right now. Second of all, everyone’s talking about it. To help celebrate Pokemon Day, the Legendary Mewtwo will appear in Max Raid dens for a short amount of time, and three starter Pokemon will join him: Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle. If you manage to defeat them you’ll get some great rewards, and people are going nuts chatting about it on social media.
Of course, none of this matters if you’re in the dark because you don’t have Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield.
Everyone knows how fun Pokemon games are, and events like this new Max Raid are awesome ways to add new experiences to the games following their initial release. But you obviously can’t appreciate that if you don’t own either title, which is perhaps why Amazon is currently offering the first discounts we’ve seen in a long time on both titles. Each one typically costs $60, but you can save up to $10.50 if you buy them today. You’ll find Pokemon Sword for Nintendo Switch on sale for $49.49 right now on Amazon, while Pokemon Shield for Nintendo Switch can be had for as little as $54.14 if you dig into the “other sellers” section and you don’t care about Prime shipping. These deals definitely won’t last long though, so get them while you can and be sure to check out the Max Raid event!
There are also plenty more Nintendo Switch games on sale today with even deeper discounts, so be sure to check them out on Amazon before these deals are done.
Pokémon Sword – Nintendo Switch
- A new generation of Pokémon is coming to the Nintendo Switch system
- Become a Pokémon Trainer and embark on a new journey in the new Galar region
- Choose from one of three new partner Pokémon: Grookey, Scorbunny, or Sobble
- In this all-new adventure, you’ll encounter new and familiar Pokémon as you catch, battle, and trade Pokémon while exploring new areas and uncovering an all-new story
- Get ready for the next Pokémon adventure in the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games
Pokémon Shield – Nintendo Switch
- New entries in the main series of Pokémon RPGs arrive on Nintendo Switch simultaneously in late 2019
- The Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games take place in the newly discovered Galar Region
- Galar is an expansive region with diverse environments – an idyllic countryside, contemporary cities, thick forest, and craggy, snow-covered mountains
- Fans will have the opportunity to visit Gyms in the Galar region in their quest to become Champion
- Newly discovered partner Pokémon join in this new iteration of the games – Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble
More of today’s best deals
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.