Anyone in search of a new tablet is in store for some fantastic news, because we’re about to make your search so much easier. Buying a new smartphone can be a huge pain because there are so many phenomenal options out there. Should you get the newest iPhone? Should you save money and get last year’s model that you know will continue to get iOS updates for at least four or five more years? And if you want an Android phone, forget it… there are dozens of terrific options out there right now.
With tablets, on the other hand, you pretty much have two choices. If you want a great tablet at the lowest possible price, get a Fire tablet from Amazon, especially while they’re on sale right now. The Fire 7 Tablet is only $54.99 right now, the Fire HD 8 Tablet is $5 more at $59.99 (definitely get this model instead of the 7 because the display is way better), and the Fire HD 10 Tablet is $40 off at $109.99. Simply put, you won’t find a better value anywhere.
Now, if you don’t want an entry-level tablet and you’re looking for a bit more power and style, then the choice is just as easy: get an iPad. That’s it. Don’t search around, and don’t bother comparing half a dozen different models. iPads are better than anything else out there, period.
If you want to spend as little as you can and still get the incredible iPadOS experience that Apple has created for tablets, get the 10.2-inch iPad. You can save up to $100 on this model right now on Amazon, and there’s simply nothing else in this price range that comes anywhere close to matching the entry-level iPad.
If you’d like to step things up a bit in terms of power and performance, you want the new 10.5-inch iPad Air. It’s a bit pricier than the base model iPads, but it’s a scorcher and it’s also up to $100 off right now at Amazon. And if that’s not enough oomph for you, then you definitely need to upgrade to the 11-inch iPad Pro. It’s packed with more power than most people will possibly know what to do with, and it’s up to $150 off today on Amazon.
New Apple iPad (10.2-Inch)
- The new iPad combines the power and capability of a computer with the ease of use and versatility you’d never expect from one. And now it’s even more versatile, with a larger 10.2‑inch Retina display, support for the full-size Smart Keyboard, and the amazing new capabilities of iPadOS. It’s unbelievably fun. And unmistakably iPad.
- With iPad, getting work done is all hustle and no hassle. You can easily edit a document while researching something on the web and making a FaceTime call to a colleague at the same time. Manage all your files in one convenient spot with the Files app. And when you want to write a term paper or create a presentation, you can simply use the onscreen keyboard or attach the full‑size Smart Keyboard.
- From taking notes in class to writing out a quick to-do list, using Apple Pencil with iPad is the best way to get what’s in your brain down on the page. Do things like sign paperwork, mark up a document, or sketch out an idea. It feels as natural to use as a pencil, but with so much more capability.
- Let your curiosity run wild with iPad. The App Store is the best place to discover apps that let you get a leg up in geometry, learn a new language, and practice composing your own music. You can even use augmented reality to learn something exciting, like watching the history of spaceflight unfold in your living room or making characters from your favorite book literally leap off the page.
- It’s go time for gaming. The A10 Fusion chip delivers amazing performance, so games are immersive, fluid, and incredibly detailed. And you can pair an Xbox Wireless Controller with Bluetooth, PlayStation DualShock 4 controller, or MFi game controller with your iPad to create the ultimate portable game console. You can also try out Apple Arcade, a game subscription service unlike any other, with over 100 incredibly fun new games to play.
- iPad lets you express your creative ideas in so many ways. Whether you’re painting a watercolor, designing a logo, or just sketching up a storm, Apple Pencil is the perfect tool to bring your vision to life. It’s designed to feel intuitive and let you draw with pixel‑perfect precision.
Apple iPad Air (10.5-inch)
- iPad Air brings more of our most powerful technologies to more people than ever. The A12 Bionic chip with Neural Engine. A 10.5‑inch Retina display with True Tone. Support for Apple Pencil and the Smart Keyboard. And at just one pound and 6.1 mm thin, carrying all that power is effortless.
- iPad Air features a large 10.5‑inch Retina display, while remaining extremely portable and perfect for getting things done anywhere. It’s thin and light and has advanced wireless connectivity. And with up to 10 hours of battery life, iPad Air can go all day on a single charge.
- With Wi‑Fi speeds up to 866 Mbps and Gigabit‑class LTE, iPad Air keeps you connected wirelessly and effortlessly. And with eSIM, you can easily access wireless data plans right from your iPad Air all over the world.
- The A12 Bionic chip with Neural Engine enables a remarkable level of power and intelligence. It uses real‑time machine learning to transform the way you experience photos, gaming, augmented reality, and more. With all this power, you can edit a video. Create a beautiful presentation. Design a 3D model. Stream your favorite show. Or do all of those things at once.
- The immersive 10.5‑inch Retina display with wide color lets you see photos, videos, and games in vivid, true‑to‑life detail. And no matter where you take iPad Air, True Tone, high brightness, and an antireflective coating give you the best viewing experience.
- True Tone dynamically adjusts white balance based on the light around you. So images look natural and are easier on your eyes whether you’re reading a book in bed or surfing the web poolside.
- The front and back cameras on iPad Air let you take stunning photos and 1080p HD videos. But you can also do much more. Make a Group FaceTime call. Scan a document, sign it, and send it back. Or create new worlds by using the camera for augmented reality experiences.
Apple iPad Pro
- The all-screen design means iPad Pro is a magical piece of glass that does everything you need, any way you hold it.
- With intuitive gestures, getting around is simple.
- The Liquid Retina display goes from edge to edge. True-to-life color and ProMotion technology make everything look gorgeous and feel responsive.
- Face ID comes to iPad. It’s engineered for secure unlocking and works seamlessly whether you hold it in portrait or landscape.
- Use Face ID to unlock your iPad Pro, log in to apps, and pay with a glance.
- The A12X Bionic chip is remarkably smart and powerful. It has the Neural Engine, which runs five trillion operations per second and enables advanced machine learning.
- Put all that power to work by multitasking with just a few swipes. Work on a creative project, message with a friend, search the web for inspiration, and make a FaceTime call.
- A12X Bionic delivers 2x faster graphics. Which makes iPad Pro the perfect machine for augmented reality and a great way to play immersive games.
- USB-C gives you a high-performance connection to accessories like an external display or camera.
- iPad Pro has two great cameras equipped with Smart HDR. A 12MP camera for stunning photos, 4K video, document scanning, and AR experiences. And a TrueDepth camera perfect for Portrait selfies, FaceTime, Animoji, and Memoji.
- At just over a pound, it’s more portable than ever. Connect on the go with fast Wi-Fi and Gigabit-class LTE.
More of today’s top deals
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.