Have you ever had someone talk to you about the Philips HF3520/60 Wake-Up Light Therapy Alarm Clock with Colored Sunrise Simulation and Sunset Fading Night Light? It’s practically like having a conversation about religion. There are so many people out there who swear by it and they can’t imagine life without it. On top of that, it has had such a profound effect on them that they want you to get one too, so you can experience it for yourself. Well, if you want one, you can save $10 off the $105 retail price if you snag one today on Amazon. That’s still pretty pricey though, so let’s talk about what this gadget does and why you should check out a much less expensive alternative.
In a nutshell, the idea with wake up light alarm clocks is to wake you up slowly and gently instead of shocking you awake with a blaring buzzer or some other grating sound. The built-in light simulates a natural sunrise, starting with a red hue at 10% brightness and increasing to 100% with a yellow hue just like real sunlight. If that’s not enough, there are also a bunch of built-in natural alarm sounds to help give you an extra nudge and wake you up.
Believe it or not, using a device like this instead of a traditional alarm clock or your smartphone isn’t just about having a cool gizmo to play with. You really do wake up feeling better rested and you have more energy during the day. I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t get one and experience it for myself. But I didn’t cough up $100 for the Philips model, I picked up the Fitfort Wake Up Light Alarm Clock, a best-selling model on Amazon with a 4.6-star rating and more than 1,100 reviews. It’s fantastic, and it’s on sale right now for just $36.
Here’s what Fitfort has to say about it, from the Amazon page:
- ⏰【Intelligent Sunrise / Sunset Simulation】Simply set your alarm time, the wake up light will gradually increase from 10% to 100%; the color of the wake up light changes from a gentle red to bright sunlight. Before bedtime, the light will gradually dim from 100% to 0% with music, it helps you sleep better. 97% of users found it easier and more comfortable to get up in the morning with this light alarm clock
- ⏰【Personalized Alarm Settings】Uneasy to get up from your bed? Upgraded snooze function gives you an extra 9 minutes of sleep after your original alarm. 20 levels of brightness allow you to adjust the wake up light to the proper brightness at bedtime. What makes you unexpected is that there is a USB charging port behind this alarm clock which can charge your phone or other devices
- ⏰【Dual Alarm Clock Function】Considering you may have different needs for the alarm, the upgraded sunrise alarm clock provides two sets of alarms — One for you and the other for your spouse without affecting each other. And it supports two alarms at the same time, one for the working day and the other for the weekends
- ⏰【FM Radio Clock】Want to wake up and hear your favorite music or even the day’s news? This radio alarm clock supports manual/auto searching radio stations and automatically saving the radio stations to the playlist (max 60 stations). It can also be used as a regular radio throughout the day. Moreover, the radio can also be set as an alarm ringtone. Please note: spreading the wires will improve signal
- ⏰【7 Natural Sounds Alarm Clock & 7 LED Light Colors】The light alarm clock owns 7 natural sounds with 16-level volume adjustment, you can choose your favorite sounds at the right volume for a gentle wake up call. The clock supports manual/automatic switching of the light between yellow, red, purple, blue, indigo, green and cyan. This wake up light can be also used as a reading light, bedside lamp, atmosphere light.
More of today’s best deals
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.