If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
We don’t want to make you feel bad if you already have a bunch of Nest Cams that you’re using in your home. At the same time, we also want to make absolutely certain that no one buys a Nest Cam if they’re in the market for new home security cameras. We don’t have anything against Nest, in fact we love Nest thermostats (which are on sale at 2020 lows right now, by the way) and there are other great Nest products as well. But $200 is insane for a single home camera when you can get a new and improved Wyze Cam WYZEC2 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera with all the same features at a fraction of the price. What’s more, the Wyze Cam comes with 14 days of cloud storage for free, which you’ll never get with a Nest Cam. Amazon has Wyze Cams on sale right now for just $24.12 each, so you can literally buy eight of them for less than what you’d pay for one Nest Cam. It’s a no-brainer.
Here’s more info from the product page:
- Live Stream from Anywhere in 1080p -1080p Full HD live streaming lets you see inside your home from anywhere in real time using your mobile device. While live streaming, use two-way audio to speak with your friends and family through the Wyze app.
- Motion/Sound Recording with Free Cloud Storage – Wyze Cam can automatically record a 12-second video clip when motion or sound is detected and saves that video to the cloud for 14-days, for free. Mobile push notifications can be enabled so you’re only alerted when something is detected letting you stay on top of things without having to constantly monitor the app. Or, record continuously to a MicroSD card (sold separately) regardless of motion and sound. Compatible with 8GB, 16GB, or 32GB FAT32 MicroSD cards.
- See in the dark – Night vision lets you see up to 30’ in absolute darkness using 4 infrared (IR) LEDs. Note: IR does not work through glass windows.
- Voice Controlled? You got it! – Works with Alexa and Google Assistant (US only) so you can use your voice to see who’s at your front door, how your baby’s doing, or if your 3D printer has finished printing. Wyze Cam is only compatible with the 2. 4GHz WiFi network (does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi) and Apple (iOS) and Android mobile devices.
- Share with those who care – One Wyze Cam can be shared with multiple family members so everyone can have access to its live stream and video recordings. Just have your family members download the Wyze app and invite them to your account. Camera sharing can also be easily removed.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.