Bird is one of the top names in electric scooters right now, and it charges prices that reflect its brand recognition. The popular Bird ES1-300 Electric Scooter, for example, sells for a whopping $600. With Christmas right around the corner, however, Amazon is running a killer one-day sale on Sunday that slashes the price all the way down to just $349. That’s a tremendous deal, but there’s another option you might want to consider instead. The Gotrax GXL V2 Commuting Electric Scooter is the best e-scooter we tested this year, and it has the same top speed as the Bird model that’s on sale today. It also has nearly as much range per charge, and it’s down to its lowest price every right now — just $248!
Bird ES1-300 Electric Scooter
- HIGH-POWERED UPGRADED MOTOR- With 300 watts of nominal, and 700 watts of max engine power, you have a higher torque and powerful ride.
- DUAL BRAKING MECHANISM- ADVANCE LIGHTING: Having an electric braking system, as well as a mechanical one, provides more control while you ride. ES1-300 comes with ground effect lights, as well as a front headlight and rear brake lights.
- LIGHT WEIGHT- Weighing only 27.6 pounds, makes it very easy to be carried.
- SMOOTH RIDE: With front shock absorption, 8” front tires, 7.5” rear tires, enjoy smoother rides. You can reach a range of 15.5 miles*, and max speed of 15.5 MPH*. Maximum payload is 220 pounds. For ages 18 and up. *Based on rider’s weight and riding habits.
- UL-2272 CERTIFIED: ES1-300 meets the standards of a comprehensive system of safety tests by Underwriter Laboratories. The testing parameters include both electrical and mechanical components as well as environmental aspects to assess electrical safety.
Gotrax GXL V2 Commuting Electric Scooter
- Version 2 – Handbrake, Cruise Control, Reinforced Frame and Lock Mechanism
- 8. 5″ PNEUMATIC TIRES – Making the GXL the ultimate commuting scooter for overcoming treacherous city streets
- 250 WATT MOTOR – Our most powerful scooter yet, the GXL has a top speed of 15. 5MPH and holds a maximum of 220 lbs.
- 36V BATTERY – The GXL travels up to 9-12 miles and recharges in about 4 Hours. Height from Handlebars to Deck-38 inch
- PORTABLE DESIGN – The GXL Frame folds down and locks for easy storage making it a perfect commuting scooter
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.