It seems like Amazon has released about a zillion new products this year, but somehow the company’s not finished just yet. In fact, the new gadget Amazon just unveiled might be one of the coolest products it has launched all year. It’s called the Fire TV Blaster, and it allows you to control your TV, soundbar, and all the rest of your home entertainment gear with your voice using Alexa commands! It’s awesome, and it’s available for preorder right now for just $34.99!
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- Requires Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Fire TV Stick 4K, or Fire TV (3rd Gen) and any Echo smart speaker or smart display.
- Fire TV Blaster adds hands-free voice control to your existing TV, soundbar, cable or satellite box, and receiver.
- Use your voice to control power, volume, and playback and switch between inputs—even from across the room.
- Eliminate the need for multiple remotes and get to the content you want to watch faster and easier.
Fire TV Blaster is a companion device and will not work on its own. To use it, you’ll need each of the following (sold separately):
- A compatible Fire TV streaming device – Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, Fire TV Stick 4K, or Fire TV (3rd Gen).
- Any Echo smart speaker or smart display.
- Compatible entertainment devices like TVs, audio/video receivers, cable boxes, and soundbars. (Not compatible with Fire TV Edition televisions or soundbars.) Learn more about supported devices.
- Access to the free Fire TV and Alexa apps on a Fire tablet (5th Gen or above), or an iOS 10 (or above) or Android 5.0 (or above) mobile device.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.