Whether you’ve played Pandemic before or not, there are really only three things you need to know. 1) It’s the hottest board game on Amazon right now. 2) People absolutely love it — the game has over 2,200 5-star ratings on Amazon alone. 3) It’s on sale right now for an all-time low of just $23.99, which is a big discount compared to the normal $40 price tag. Pick it up now for guaranteed fun during your Thanksgiving get-together!
Here’s everything you need to know about the game:
- You and your team are the last defense standing in the way of deadly diseases that threaten the world! From designer Matt Leacock, Pandemic is a cooperative game of teamwork for two to four players.
- As members of an elite disease control team, you must keep four deadly diseases at bay. Work together as you travel the globe to treat infections while collecting the cards you need to discover a cure for each disease.
- The clock is ticking as outbreaks and epidemics fuel the spreading plagues. As a cooperative game, players win or lose together.
- Only by working together can you keep the outbreaks in check and find the cures in time!
- Over the course of the game, players use actions to move between hotspots while treating diseases and setting up a network of research stations that help them cure diseases and make movement more efficient.
- Each player manages a hand of cards matching the colors of the four diseases. These cards allow them to travel more quickly between cities or—if a single player can collect five cards of the same color—discover a cure for a disease.
- But plenty of challenges stand in their way. Outbreaks can spread diseases across the board and random epidemics can intensify a disease in a moment’s notice.
- Access two free scenarios available for Pandemic: Government Shutdown and Isolation.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.