I love Nest thermostats. In fact, I have several of them in my house. That said, if I had it to do all over again I would probably opt for something different. Like most people, I actually don’t use most of Nest’s “learning” features which means I paid $250 each for thermostats that are underutilized. If you just want some basic smart features and the ability to control your thermostat from your phone or with Alexa, definitely check out the iDevices Wi-Fi enabled Smart Thermostat instead — especially while it’s on sale for just $65 instead of $100!
Here are the bullet points from the product page:
- VOICE CONTROL: Responds to Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant voice commands (voice assistant devices sold separately)
- ACCESS ANYWHERE: Control and monitor the iDevices Thermostat from anywhere using any iOS/Android device and the iDevices Connected app
- COMPATIBILITY: Works with most heating and cooling systems; all systems require a 24VAC “Common” wire for power. All system types require a common wire (C-Wire). To check system and router compatibility, refer to iDevices support portal
- NO HUB REQUIRED: With the iDevices Thermostat, a home Wi-Fi network and a smart phone/tablet are all that’s required to get started. For additional compatibility details, refer to the iDevices support portal
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY: Backed by a 2-year limited warranty and U.S.-based customer experience team
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.