Are you an electrician? I’m most certainly not, and yet I just turned a light switch in my house into a smart switch. I didn’t have to go down to the basement and find the correct circuit to cut off, or touch a single wire. In fact, I didn’t even have to unscrew the wall plate around my old light switch. All I had to do was slap on a Switchmate Smart Light Switch by SimplySmart Home, and now I can control all the lights in my living room with my smartphone as well as with the built in timer. It’s awesome, and it’s only $23 right now on Amazon.
Here’s the key info from the product page:
- 1 SECOND SETUP requires no tools, no wiring and no professional assistance, and all batteries are included! Attaches magnetically to the screws in existing wall plates – simply snap in place and go!
- SNAPS OVER TOGGLE STYLE LIGHT SWITCHES and ideal for homeowners, apartment dwellers, renters and students. Sleek design covers exisiting wall plates for a clean look
- ADDS APP CONTROLLED TIMER and remote on/off to existing light switches and includes a built-in manual switch for easy control of lights at the wall panel.
- COMPATIBLE WITH GOOGLE ASSISTANT for voice control – can also be paired with Power by SimplySmart Home for Amazon Alexa and Google Home compatibility
- FREE SWITCHMATE APP available as free download for both Android and iOS Mobile Devices
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes..