I spent over $300 on the mesh Wi-Fi system I use in my apartment. It’s great and it supports lightning-fast data speeds, but it’s also a total waste of money. My home internet only goes up to 200 Mbps and I definitely don’t need all the coverage that a mesh system provides. Instead of getting this system, I should have picked up a TP-Link WR841N Wireless Wi-Fi Router. It has high-power antennas that provide more than enough coverage for most apartments, and it has data speeds up to 300 Mbps. All that for only $18!
Here’s some important info from the product page:
- Wireless N speed up to 300Mbps ideal applications for video streaming, online gaming VoIP, web browsing and multi-tasking
- Two 5dBi antennas greatly increase the wireless robustness and stability. Easy Setup Assistant provides quick & hassle free installation
- System requirements is internet explorer 11, firefox 12.0, chrome 20.0, safari 4.0 or other, java enabled browser or cable or dsl modem. Signal rate for 11n up to 300 mbps dynamic, 11g up to 54 mbps dynamic and 11b up to 1 mbps dynamic
- Features parental control function managing the internet access of children or employee’s computer
- IP based bandwidth control allows administrators to determine how much bandwidth is allotted to each PC and internet devices
- Fast ethernet ports(10/100 Mbps) allow you to directly connect your wired devices
- Backward compatible with 802.11b/g products. TP-LINK Live 24/7 Technical Support
- This product is ONLY a router
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. Some deals may not be available to all customers. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.