When is the last time you heard anyone mention the Touch Bar on Apple’s MacBook Pro laptops? Pretty much everyone out there has forgotten it at this point because it’s simply not a very good solution. One thing about it that is pretty awesome though is the fingerprint sensor that accompanies it, because it makes logging into your computer so much faster and easier. Of course, you don’t need to spend over $1,000 on a MacBook Pro with a useless Touch Bar to get a fingerprint sensor on your laptop. In fact, you don’t need a new laptop at all. All you need is a Idem FCC BioScan Compact USB Fingerprint Scanner for Windows 10, which is on sale right now on Amazon at a discount.
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- 14mm wide fingerprint sensor touch pad for highest 1st attempt success rate and 360° readability for convenient fingerprint scanning from multiple angles.
- Anti-spoofing, secure biometrics protection, and register up to 10 fingers per user account.
- Support file/folder encryption and one touch web login (with optional software).
- Fast Windows operating system sign-in within 0.25 seconds and WINDOWS 10 ONLY – NO SUPPORT FOR LINUX, MAC or WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE VERSION.
- FCC certified, a breeze to install and use with intuitive, quick start guide, US local customer support, plus 1-year warranty.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. Some deals may not be available to all customers. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.