If you subscribe to cable internet service, you’re overpaying. No, seriously… it doesn’t even matter what plan you choose or how much it costs, because if you use a modem that you got from your ISP then you’re overpaying. You probably don’t even realize it, but your cable provider charges you $10 each month just to use its modem. That’s $120 per year! Instead of continuing to burn all that money, get yourself a Motorola MB7420 Cable Modem and activate it using the instructions in the box. Then once you return your old modem to your cable company, you’ll save $10 per month!
Here are the highlights from the product page:
- This 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem provides speeds up to 686 Mbps, sixteen times faster than DOCSIS 2.0. A Full-Band Capture digital tuner ensures a faster, more reliable Internet.
- Cable modem’s Ethernet port connects to a computer, HDTV, game station, or wireless router. (This Model MB7420 cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router and does NOT have a telephone adapter or phone jack. The Motorola MG7310, MG7315, MG7540 and MG7550 have a built-in wireless router.)
- Requires cable Internet service. Certified by Comcast XFINITY for residential speeds up to Extreme 300, by Comcast Business for speeds up to Deluxe 250, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter Spectrum, BrightHouse, and other leading cable service providers for modem ownership programs that typically save rental charges of $120 or more per year
- Setup is fast and easy with a few quick steps set out in a Quick Start guide. Experienced USA-based customer support specialists are there to help if you need them.
- Attractive, compact design minimizes shelf space, improves cooling, and extends product life while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.