Apple’s Touch Bar on its newer MacBook Pro models is just about useless, but there’s something right next to it that’s awesome. It’s a tiny little fingerprint scanner that you might not have even known is there, and it lets you unlock your laptop with a quick touch. Jealous? Don’t be. If you have a Windows 10 laptop or desktop, you can add the same feature to your computer for just $22. Check out the Idem FCC BioScan Compact USB Fingerprint Scanner on Amazon, which is a tiny little USB dongle with a built-in fingerprint sensor. Plug it in and you can unlock your computer without having to type out that annoying password!
Here’s the scoop from the product page:
- 14mm wide fingerprint sensor touch pad for highest 1st attempt success rate and 360° readability for convenient fingerprint scanning from multiple angles.
- Anti-spoofing, secure biometrics protection, and register up to 10 fingers per user account.
- Support file/folder encryption and one touch web login (with optional software).
- Fast Windows operating system sign-in within 0.25 seconds and WINDOWS 10 ONLY – NO SUPPORT FOR LINUX, MAC or WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE VERSION.
- FCC certified, a breeze to install and use with intuitive, quick start guide, US local customer support, plus 1-year warranty.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.