I love Arlo wireless home security cameras. In fact, I use Arlo cameras at my home. The features are great, the app is terrific, and they’re nice and reliable so I can always count on them. Even still, if I was starting over from scratch, I wouldn’t go with Arlo for two main reasons. First, Arlo cameras are insanely expensive. Second, the batteries only last 2-3 month per charge and it’s a pain in the butt. So, what would I get if I was starting from scratch? I’d probably get an All-new Blink XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security Camera System with 2-year battery life and low pricing that’s even lower right now because every XT2 bundle is on sale!
Here are the bullet points from the product page:
- Extended battery life – 2 year battery life on two AA lithium batteries with a combination of two-way talk, live view, and motion recording. Double the usage of the XT on a single set of batteries when recording video.
- 2-way audio – Talk to visitors through the Blink app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Customizable motion detection – Use activity zones to choose where motion is detected so you receive the alerts that matter.
- Free cloud storage – Keep hundreds of clips stored up to a year with no monthly fees or service contract required.
- Works with Alexa – View live streams, motion clips, or arm and disarm your system through select Alexa-enabled devices.
- Day and night coverage – Record and view in up to 1080p HD video during the day and with infrared HD night vision after dark.
- Use indoors/outdoors – Blink XT2 stands up to the elements. Place or mount it inside or outside for whole home security.
- Easy setup – No tools, wiring, or professional installation required.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. Some deals may not be available to all customers. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.