If you want to put a smart bulb in a lamp, the Philips Hue is fine. But if you want all the lights in a room to have connectivity and smart features, spending up to $50 per bulb can add up fast. Here’s another option: check out the Kasa Smart Light Switch by TP-Link. It’s super easy to install in just a few minutes and it instantly adds smarts to every light that’s connected to it. I used one in my living room instead of buying eight different bulbs for my recessed lights! Clip the $5 coupon on the Amazon page and you can get one right now for just $21.99, but hurry because this deal won’t last long.
Here’s some more key info from the product page:
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE: Turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app (Compatible w/ Android & iOS)
- VOICE CONTROL: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Microsoft Cortana supported devices for a hands free experience
- GUIDED INSTALL: No need to understand complex switch wiring or master vs. auxiliary switch configurations. The Kasa app guides you through easy step by step installation
- SCHEDULING: Use Schedules to set your Smart Switch to automatically turn on and off while you’re home or away
- NOTE: Requires a neutral wire / works in a single pole setup only / Requires a secured 2.4 gigahertz Wi Fi network connection. Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for User Manual
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.