Ask any professional chef and he or she will tell you that there’s simply no way to cook steak or any other meat perfectly without using a meat thermometer. Professionals can get pretty close, but they still use thermometers when they want to make food perfect, and you should too. Of course, technology has come a long way and not all meat thermometers are created equal. Our favorite by far is the MEATER True Wireless Smart Meat Thermometer, which stays in your meat while it cooks and relays the exact internal temperature in real-time to your smartphone. You can even get a notification when your meat reaches the perfect doneness so you can take it off the heat and let it rest.
Here’s more info from the product page:
- ► 100% Wire-Free: No wires. No fuss. The first truly wireless smart meat thermometer. Monitor your cook using the FREE app available for iOS (10.3 and later) / Android (5.0 and later) smart phones and tablets.
- ► 2 Sensors, 1 Probe: Dual temperature sensors can monitor internal meat temperature up to 212°F and ambient / external temperature up to 527°F simultaneously.
- ► Guided Cook System: Walks you through every step of the cooking process to guarantee perfect and consistent results. You can also set up custom alerts / notifications based on temperature and/or time.
- ► Advanced Estimator Algorithm: Can estimate how long to cook and rest your food to help plan your meal and manage your time.
- ► Connectivity Suite: Monitor your cook from a phone or tablet over Bluetooth. Extend your wireless range using MEATER Link WiFi and the MEATER Cloud to use Alexa and monitor your cook from a computer.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.