When it comes to buying a new chef knife, there’s absolutely no question that quality and price should be your top priorities. Of course, if you can get a high-quality chef knife at a good price and it also happens to be strikingly beautiful, that’s a great bonus. Seriously… look at this thing! The KYOKU Daimyo Series 8-Inch Chef Knife is among the best we have ever tested and it’s worth every last penny at $100. Use the coupon code KYOKUPRIME at checkout, however, and you can save $35!
Here are the key details from the product page:
- SUPERIOR VG10 JAPANESE STEEL – Manufactured with an ultra-sharp, cobalt-added, and cryogenically treated VG-10 Japanese Damascus steel cutting core at HRC 60-62 hardness, this 8 in. crafted culinary chef’s knife boasts unrivaled performance and incredible edge retention.
- ERGONOMIC & WELL-BALANCED – The 8” and slightly curved blade helps alleviate fatigue and finger pains from long periods of slicing or chopping, perfectly blending performance and comfort.
- DURABLE HANDLE – The meticulously constructed, triple-riveted G10 handle has gone through special treatment, making it extremely impervious to heat, cold, and moisture.
- HOLLOW EDGE WITH EXTREME SHARPNESS – The ruthlessly sharp edge is handcrafted by seasoned artisans to a mirror polish at 8-12° per sided using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method; cryogenically treated for incredible hardness, flexibility, and corrosion resistance. The hollow edge design makes sure nothing sticks to the blade.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY – KYOKU Knives come with a lifetime warranty, and we offer free exchange or return if the item is defective.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.