Carrying house keys is so 2012. It’s 2019, folks, and there’s no reason that you should still be living in the stone age. Smart locks are fantastic ways to add connectivity to your front door, but not all smart locks are created equal. Presence-based locks never seem to work properly 100% of the time, and who wants to deal with a smartphone when you’re in a rush? The Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt comes in several different styles and finishes, and it really is the best of both worlds. You can unlock it with a PIN on the keypad or your smartphone, and it works with Alexa so you can even lock or unlock it with your voice. And for those of you who aren’t comfortable abandoning your keys entirely, there’s also a keyhole in case you ignore the warnings and your battery dies.
Here’s some additional info from the product page:
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to lock/unlock from anywhere – no additional accessories required. Pair with the Schlage Home app or Key app to create and manage up to 100 access codes for trusted friends and family for recurring, temporary or permanent access
- Fingerprint-resistant, capacitive touchscreen with easy one-touch locking. Optional voice control offers hands-free convenience when using voice-enabled products
- Built-in alarm technology senses potential security breaches at the lock, while the low battery indicator offers advanced warning for battery replacement
- Easy to install with just a screwdriver. Unique Snap ‘n Stay technology snaps the deadbolt onto the door so both hands are free during installation
- Guaranteed to fit standard doors. Comes with limited lifetime mechanical/finish and 3-year electronics
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals from around the web. Quantities may be limited. Prices are subject to change without notice and coupons may expire at any time. Some deals may not be available to all customers. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.