I used to have LED smart bulbs set up in a few spots outside my house that would turn on each evening at sundown and then off again each morning at sunrise. It was a great, albeit pricey setup when it worked, but I found that some bulbs would lose connectivity from time to time and fail to turn on or off. In searching for a solution I cam across a fantastic low-tech bulb that does the same thing but without the need for a hub, Wi-Fi, or anything else. Philips LED Soft White Dusk-Till-Dawn Indoor/Outdoor A19 LED Light Bulbs cost just $8 a piece when you buy them in a 4-pack and they have built-in light sensors that turn them on when it gets dark and off again when it’s light out. Pick up a pack and you’ll never have to worry about Wi-Fi or timers again!
Here are the highlights from the product page:
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Philips LED Dusk to Dawn A19 Light Bulbs use roughly 75% less energy than 60 Watt Incandescent Bulbs while maintaining the look and feel of a classic light bulb. Philips LED light bulbs are Mercury free and Energy Star Certified
- LONG LASTING: These Philips LED bulbs last 10x longer than incandescent and 4x longer than halogen bulbs. Each light bulb is expected to deliver a lifetime of up to 22,000 hours and includes a 10-year warranty, saving you the cost of frequent bulb replacement
- SOFT WHITE: Philips LED Dusk-to-Dawn A19 light bulbs offer warm and comfortable lighting with high CRI (color rendering index). At 2700-Kelvin these bulbs deliver bright, crisp color ideal indoor and outdoor use
- DUSK TO DAWN: Philips LED Dusk-to-Dawn A19 Light Bulbs are equipped with a built in light sensor that turns your light bulbs on automatically when the sun goes down and turns the light off when the sun rises
- COMPATIBILITY: These Philips LED light bulbs fit in E26 medium screw bases. Not compatible with Philips HUE products. Philips LED Dusk-to-Dawn A19 light bulbs are for non connected use only
- COMFORTABLE LIGHT: Our products meet strict test criteria including flicker, strobe, glare and color rendition to ensure they meet EyeComfort requirements. Switch to Philips LED, light that’s designed for the comfort of your eyes
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.