If you cut the cord and you miss the great functionality that your cable or satellite TV provider’s DVR used to afford, don’t worry because Amazon is running an early Prime Day sale on Monday that’s just for you. The Fire TV Recast is a DVR box just like the one your cable company gave you, but it works with over the air (OTA) TV instead of cable. Program recordings, pause, rewind and more, all without a cable subscription! It’s an awesome device, and it’s down to its lowest price ever in both available storage capacities.
Here’s more from the product page:
- Fire TV Recast is a DVR that lets you watch and record over-the-air TV at home with Fire TV or Echo Show, or on-the-go with a compatible mobile device—with no monthly fees.
- Watch and record live sports, local news, late night shows, and other can’t miss TV from channels available through an HD antenna (sold separately) like ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS, and The CW.
- With 2 tuners, you can record up to 2 shows at once. Plus, store up to 75 hours of HD programming.
- With a compatible Alexa-enabled device, you can use your voice to search for shows, open and control the channel guide, manage and schedule recordings, and help with other requests. Say things like “Alexa, open Channel Guide” or “Alexa, record ‘Riverdale.’”
- Fire TV Recast delivers the most reliable video streams over Wi-Fi of any over-the-air DVR.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.