I had a problem. There’s a ductless air conditioning and heating unit in the back of my house that I would always forget to turn off, so I wanted something that I could use to control it from my smartphone and even automate so it would automatically send an “off” commend every evening. I also didn’t want to spend $100+ on a Logitech Harmony device to get it done. I did a bunch of research and ended up with the VigoRise Universal IR Remote. It works shockingly well for a $17 box from a no-name brand, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to control devices like TVs, cable boxes, DVD players, Blu-ray players, air conditioners, or anything else that uses a normal infrared remote. It’s awesome!
Here’s some additional info from the product page:
- [Voice Control]Works with Alexa Echo to manage your home devices simply by voice command, saying “Alexa, turn on the air conditioner”, “Alexa, volume down the TV”.
- [DIY Function] Support DIY to manual learning and create more custom remote template as needed. The DIY function is not applied for voice control.
- [App Operation] Match with the devices automatically from cloud database, control your home appliance remotely from anywhere.
- [Timer Setting] Customize the schedule for your family, create activities and scene with multiple devices on the phone, to enjoy the smart life peacefully.
- [Compatibility] Treat your phone as your remotes anywhere, support 50,000+ IR controlled devices such as TV, Set Top Box, Air conditioner, DVD, Audio, Fans and etc.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article.