I have to be honest with you: I’m not a huge fan of Logitech Harmony remotes. I don’t dislike them or anything, but I had one for a while and I ended up leaving it in a drawer. I simply didn’t use any of the bells and whistles Logitech Harmony offers, so it ended up just being a really expensive basic universal remote. If you’re like me and you only plan to use a universal remote to perform basic functions, save yourself $100+ and pick up a GE 33709 Universal Remote Control instead. It’s on sale right now on Amazon for just $9, or you can upgrade to a version with backlighting for $13!
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- MULTI-DEVICE CONTROL – Operate up to 4 different audio and video components such as TVs, Blu-Ray/DVD Players, Cable/Satellite Receivers, Roku boxes and other Streaming Media Players, Soundbars and More
- BEST REMOTE CODE LIBRARY – This universal remote works with ALL MAJOR BRANDS and supports thousands of the latest audio/video equipment.
- Does not work with Roku streaming stick, fire TV stick, or other RF streaming devices
- SIMPLE SETUP – This remote comes pre-programmed for Roku and Samsung TVs and includes an easy to follow online setup video providing trouble-free setup, auto scan technology and a master volume control, allowing you to control the volume no matter what device you are operating
- TRUSTED BRAND – GE is the leading brand in universal remote controls and is backed by free U.S.-based technical support. Call the experts at with any questions or issues about your purchase
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.