Internet access isn’t just a luxury these days, it’s an absolute necessity. And when issues stand in the way of your access to the internet, it can be positively infuriating. Many people think that when they have issues with their home internet network it’s always the fault of their Internet service provider. That can be true sometimes, but more often than not connectivity problems are actually caused by your Wi-Fi router. If you’ve been having issues lately that you can’t seem to resolve, it’s probably time to upgrade your home router and see just how much better things can be when you have faster and more reliable access to the web.
Best budget option
Getting your hands on a great Wi-Fi router doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg, and perhaps no model better illustrates that than the TP-Link AC1200 Smart WiFi Router. This dual-band router supports gigabit Wi-Fi speeds so you can stream 4K movies without having to worry about other people in your home hogging your bandwidth. It also supports all the modern security protocols you need so you can rest assured that your data is safe.
Best upgraded option
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AX4 WiFi 6 Next-Gen Router offers fantastic performance for people who need even faster speeds for heavier-duty tasks like online gaming. If you’re looking for a more powerful upgrade, the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX4 WiFi 6 Next-Gen Router is just what the doctor ordered. It supports speeds up to 3Gbps and high-powered amplifiers combine with advanced beamforming technology to dramatically improve range.
Best mesh wireless system
When even the best single-router solution doesn’t cut it, it’s time to step up to a mesh wireless system. These nifty solutions use multiple Wi-Fi access points to deliver the most consistent and reliable possible Wi-Fi connectivity to every inch of your home. There are plenty of great systems out there these days, but the best option for most people is the Google Wifi System. It delivers excellent coverage, blazing-fast data speeds, and user-friendly controls at a fraction of the cost of similar options from other companies.
- TP-Link TL-WR841N Wireless Wi-Fi Router. If you’re on a very tight budget but you still want a router that offers great performance, this is the model for you.
- TP-Link AC1900 Smart Wireless Router. This model from TP-Link is a fantastic mid-range option for people with lots of smart devices that need to connect without interfering with each other.
- Netgear R7800-100NAS Nighthawk X4S AC2600 4×4 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router. Netgear’s most beastly Nighthawk offers fantastic coverage and data speeds up to 1,733Mbps.
- NETGEAR Orbi Ultra-Performance Whole Home Mesh WiFi System. The Google Wifi System we recommended above is a great catch-all, but people who want something more flexible will definitely find it with Orbi.
- AmpliFi HD WiFi System by Ubiquiti Labs. The AmpliFi HD offers power and ease of use that are unmatched, and it’s infinitely expandable.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.