We’ve spent some time testing the new Puppy Cube Interactive Touchscreen Projector, and we’ve found that there are two main takeaways. First, the name “Puppy Cube” is super weird — like, why? Second, and infinitely more important, this device is sooooo cool!
Stand up the Puppy Cube on a table, desk, or even on the floor and the ultra-short throw projector beams a clear screen onto the flat surface that you can control with taps and swipes just like a normal touchscreen. It’s Android-powered, so you don’t even need to connect a smartphone or computer, although you can if you want thanks to Miracast and AirPlay support. You can also lay the Puppy Cube on its back and it’ll automatically reorient itself so it can beam a picture up to 100-inches diagonally onto any wall!
The Puppy Cube started out on Indiegogo, but it’s now finally available on Amazon for $500 under the $1,499 retail price. There’s no telling how long this launch discount will last though, so be sure to grab one while you can.
Here’s some additional info from the product page:
- 10-POINT ANYTHOUCH: The 10-Point AnyTouch technology can turn any flat surface into a 23 inch interactive touchsreen
- 720P WITH 4K SUPPORT: 300 ANSI lumens of brightness and 720p DLP plus adjustable distance, focus and keystone correction to create a crisp, clear picture
- BUILT-IN SPEAKER AND MICROPHONE: Experience excellent sound quality without external speakers with full-range two-channel stereo
- MIRACAST AND AIRPLAY: Wirelessly cast the screen of your mobile devices with AirPlay, DLNA, and Miracast
- PORTABLE PROJECTOR: Carry the Puppy Cube to anywhere with only 3.5 lbs weight and built-in 5000mAH battery
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes.